GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
My thoughts are that autotune would be continuously monitoring all parameters being sent from the ECU and then adjust the boost that the JB4 is sending to maximize performance at all times. So instead of us having to tinker with logs and configurations, it would be a true set it and forget it solution as close to a tune that can be had.

So it wouldn't make sense that autotune would always be max performance with no ability to dial it back. Would we set a boost cap or some performance target and then autotune optimizes around that?

MadMen

Ready to race!
what is the general idea of auto tune? does it maximize performance within some parameters? don't understand.

Yes. Auto tune will modify your boost based on parameters it reads. Takes a few pulls for it to adjust itself. Basically, allows you to change octane without having to worry about changing maps. More octane, more boost. It's a wonderful thing. Basically, no need to worry about tuning map 6 anymore.

c3rolling

Passed Driver's Ed
A bit off topic question. I'm about to buy a used bluetooth module rev 3 from a member and in the picture he has the case wrapped in tape. He said the case comes apart so he tapes it. Is this true?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Just a crazy question for you JB users. After making tweaks or changes to the maps are you allowing the ECU to adjust 20-25 miles before running logs? ;).

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Just a crazy question for you JB users. After making tweaks or changes to the maps are you allowing the ECU to adjust 20-25 miles before running logs? ;).
No, only for fueling. ECU doesn't know nor care what the JB4 is doing.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Martin398

Ready to race!
A bit off topic question. I'm about to buy a used bluetooth module rev 3 from a member and in the picture he has the case wrapped in tape. He said the case comes apart so he tapes it. Is this true?

I have had to tape mine as well. it hasn't come completely apart but started to separate and i didn't want to risk dirt getting into the motherboard. it's only a case. Burger also sells an upgraded case if you were so inclined.

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
The pros are asked here. Does anybody know how I can adjust throttle sensitivity in absolute setting like the BMW guys can do that in menu 11?

I have one thing that really annoys me and I don't understand why it behaves like that.

I like the absolute setting because of top end power. It holds boost exactly like I want to. But what I don't like is that the car behaves completely stock till 80% pedal input. After 80%, power is there. But it jumpes like it is stung by a bee. I want to feel torque also at 40% input, because I don't always drive binary (0/1). This is what makes me always change back to additive.

I like the additive setting because the car feels much torquier at low to mid pedal input. Boost is added always and I can drive the car much smoother and torquier. But what I don't like here is that the tapering doesn't work as I want to. The boost drops after 5000 much more as I want to and you see that the boost curve doesn't follow the target but the load. And load drops lets say to 4 at the end whereas target dropes to 6. I don't like the feeling of loosing power at top end like the stock car does. This is what makes me change back to absolute. Lol... and the story goes on.

But there must be a way to get the absolute setting behave like additive. I want the power added from the beginning on and not just above 80% input.

Please help me.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

c3rolling

Passed Driver's Ed
I have had to tape mine as well. it hasn't come completely apart but started to separate and i didn't want to risk dirt getting into the motherboard. it's only a case. Burger also sells an upgraded case if you were so inclined.

Are you referring to the actual JB4 case or the bluetooth module? I was referring to the bluetooth module only.

vwpowa

Map6 for Clutch Longevity

17 GTI PP with Jb4. Manual transmission. Just drop in air filter. I dont care about maxxing out the power of the JB4. Can someone give me some numbers to run in Map6 for Clutch Longevity in mind. Thanks

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
17 GTI PP with Jb4. Manual transmission. Just drop in air filter. I dont care about maxxing out the power of the JB4. Can someone give me some numbers to run in Map6 for Clutch Longevity in mind. Thanks
From the Diggs baseline post:

Manual
1500 - 2.0
2000 - 3.0
2500 - 3.0
3000 - 3.0
3500 - 3.5
4000 - 5.0
4500 - 6.5
5000 - 6.5
5500 - 6.0
6000 - 5.5
6500 - 5.5
7000 - 5.0

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick review if you don't mind:

New JB4 user.
17 GTI Sport DSG.
Only mods are 034 P34 intake & JB4. Running MAP2 on a probably e25sh?

Did a 3rd gear pull today to see how things are going:

https://datazap.me/u/joneze93tsi/jb4-map2?log=0&data=1-4-5-11-19&mark=11

Only issue I saw (after 8hrs of driving in various conditions) is some hesitations and pops at light throttle. After turning it off for 30 minutes of rest it was normal again and pulls like a raped ape.

I'm at 26k and I know I should have plugs done ASAP, which is what I attribute the hesitation/pops to after 7-8hrs of mixed hard driving.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Quick review if you don't mind:

New JB4 user.
17 GTI Sport DSG.
Only mods are 034 P34 intake & JB4. Running MAP2 on a probably e25sh?

Did a 3rd gear pull today to see how things are going:

https://datazap.me/u/joneze93tsi/jb4-map2?log=0&data=1-4-5-11-19&mark=11

Only issue I saw (after 8hrs of driving in various conditions) is some hesitations and pops at light throttle. After turning it off for 30 minutes of rest it was normal again and pulls like a raped ape.

I'm at 26k and I know I should have plugs done ASAP, which is what I attribute the hesitation/pops to after 7-8hrs of mixed hard driving.

Looks fine.

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Map 6 +7 peak- DSG slip?

First two logs are the +7 peak and the third is a log I ran the day before for comparison with the default map 6 settings (at least it looked that way to me)
https://datazap.me/u/jd7/log-1521412103?log=0&data=1-4
https://datazap.me/u/jd7/log-1521412686?log=0&data=1-4
https://datazap.me/u/jd7/log-1521302502?log=0&data=1-4

Any suggestions on the first two logs? I am thinking that is clutch pack slippage around 4200 and again at 5500. Anyone have another explanation? definitely felt the "slip" and I don't see any timing pull, no codes popped. I am thinking I will turn down the boost from 4-5500. would really appreciate anyone's expert opinion on this.

Attachments

• Map 6 +7 peak.jpg
    Map 6 +7 peak.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 654