GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb Tuning Website Updated

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
This is the reason I am going to wait to get protuned and see who in my area is doing it well before I take a risk and jump in.

The Cobb OST Stg1 tune isnt amazing but it also isnt going to break anything either. I am happy with it until a prominent tuner pops up that I feel comfortable using.

I have a free e-tune with Freek that im going to try at some point. They are reputable just not with VW's yet.

I'm on the same boat as you. I'm just going to wait. I dont' want to be a tuners guinea pig for VW.

But I would love to see what Freek can do. The Cobb OTS feels good but pulls timing quite a bit, too much for my liking. MAP OTS has been good to me so far.

rscott4563

Ready to race!
Okay so I was reading it as Blue was OEM, Orange was COBB and Magenta(Pink) was Pro-Tune.

So was it actually Blue is COBB and both Orange AND Magenta(Pink) are Pro-Tune??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gameaud

Ready to race!
This is the reason I am going to wait to get protuned and see who in my area is doing it well before I take a risk and jump in.

The Cobb OST Stg1 tune isnt amazing but it also isnt going to break anything either. I am happy with it until a prominent tuner pops up that I feel comfortable using.

I have a free e-tune with Freek that im going to try at some point. They are reputable with other brands just not with VW's yet.

And for those of you who are pioneering the tunes and doing the dirty work, I thank you!

Did you happen to have a JB1/JB4? just wondering how the OTS Stage 1 compares to the piggybacks.

Lagger1

Ready to race!
Did you happen to have a JB1/JB4? just wondering how the OTS Stage 1 compares to the piggybacks.

I'd say the Stage 1+ is equal to the JB1. Cobb comes on stronger down low but JB1 is stronger up top. Of course the tune is smoother/little more refined.

moonluv810

Ready to race!
I'd say the Stage 1+ is equal to the JB1. Cobb comes on stronger down low but JB1 is stronger up top. Of course the tune is smoother/little more refined.

Excuse the noob question.
I had a JB1 for about 3K that I removed and sold before winter. Thinking of getting Cobb.

What do you mean by smoother and more refined?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
With a flash you can get benefits part throttle. That's probably what he means but it definitely can make the car feel better. I'd almost describe it as "lighter" and more responsive like a NA motor.. if tuned very well. I haven't driven a tuned GTI yet so I am basing my experience on my other cars I've tuned

Lagger1

Ready to race!
Q: for Cobb or anyone else, do you have access to "Realtime" map flash update? All I get is "reflash" option on my AP. Is that not yet available?

Porschetech1

Passed Driver's Ed

geebob

Ready to race!

Venumous

Ready to race!
Kind of amazing to see ambient and IAT the same isn't it? I wonder if that will hold in the summer?

Yeah that pretty much sells it for me right there. I was between Twintercooler and CTS and looks like $60 well saved.

geebob

Ready to race!
Yeah that pretty much sells it for me right there. I was between Twintercooler and CTS and looks like $60 well saved.
I'm wondering about the difference between a true FMIC like this one and a good replacement style. I'm going replacement style, mostly for convenience (there's a good VAG shop in my area that's an APR dealer.) I'll probably get their TCU tune at the same time.

Venumous

Ready to race!
I'm wondering about the difference between a true FMIC like this one and a good replacement style. I'm going replacement style, mostly for convenience (there's a good VAG shop in my area that's an APR dealer.) I'll probably get their TCU tune at the same time.

Consensus is the stock location is the way to go if you want to do the install/pay someone to do it. The FMIC is very simple to install. Most of the work is simply removing the front bumper, which I have unfortunately had to do to take the headlamp out when the locking ring slipped off the housing swapping a bulb out.