GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DINAN

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
It’s so hard to eliminate wanting to think something, but stock engine and e85/89 mix feels zippier than 87. Of course it’s also not 6 degrees F here now too. Dinan tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
I will post later but the Android version of the Dinan app is slightly different than the one on my iphone. When I switch to race mode on the android app it says "Race mode will work with 91 octane but Dinan recommends 93".

I drove around in race mode with 91 last night and it feels great. I don't fully understand how the Neuspeed power module can operate fine with 91 at 5 psi - though they are different products.

I believe that a NPM will pull timing in hot weather, especially on 91 octane. The JB1 is designed to run 4.8psi and the JB4 is designed for 4.5. I think the JBs are better and more carefully tuned. The NPM running 5 psi on 91 is too much.

Someone will probably tell me that I'm wrong, but if you read the jb4 map6 thread, guys are constantly doing data logs and seeing the car pulling timing due to too much boost.

I assume that the 4psi race mode is fine on the Dinan as it's less boost than basically all other piggy backs

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Jay745 installed my dinan today. Damn that’s easy to notice! Really impressed.

What more you running

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
What mode?

Race mode. Still just playing with it
Very cool. I have been thinking about picking one up but just bought a new set of winters so haven't pulled the trigger

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Jay745 installed my dinan today. Damn that’s easy to notice! Really impressed.

Glad you love it, gotta say that is a pretty cool way of increasing some power. Wish they had something like that for my platform!

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
I went to Dinan's site to download the instruction pdf and they raised their prices slightly to $307 vs. $299.

If you want one, get it before ModBargains stops selling them for $170. I waited a month because Dinan was out of stock. The manufacture date on my module is 12-2017. So it's fresh!

Not sure it's worth $307, but definitely $170 and I haven't installed mine yet. :D

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Glad you love it, gotta say that is a pretty cool way of increasing some power. Wish they had something like that for my platform!

My brother has a 2013 Jetta GLI and he was bummed they didn't have anything for him too.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Had a change to test this more in better weather (though not great weather). Still impressed. Pulls strongest above 3k RPM in 3rd and 4th gear. Only tried race mode so far, but car is noticeably quicker and I like it! Great buy for $170.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Just ordered one from ModBargains. They have a coupon on their site right now, got it for 164 with free shipping.

Hey thanks for the heads up! I just ordered too. Coupon code was "13years". Hope it isn't a month wait but prob worth it for the price paid.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion