GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DINAN

bpastre90

Passed Driver's Ed
Well...we don't know if Soloweks outsources also.[emoji51]

With their pricing...it looks like they are produced somewhere in Asia. Dinan could just be using the same manufacturer.

Purely speculating of course [emoji854].

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Gotcha. Guess no way on telling for sure unless installed and longevity.
Curoious to see some people peoples reviews on them when installed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well...we don't know if Soloweks outsources also.[emoji51]

With their pricing...it looks like they are produced somewhere in Asia. Dinan could just be using the same manufacturer.

Purely speculating of course [emoji854].

This is exactly what I meant....they're just using the same supplier as SoloWerks (IMO) and then throwing their sticker on it

I mean...same price point (now) too...just a coincidence?

Hell Dinan even says "entry-level coil over suspension" on their site which is what we've always said SoloWerks just are....not that they're "premium" or anything

If you think the price is right, go ahead. I just wouldn't buy too much into them JUST because they have the Dinan name on them, IMO.
Also remember they're on "clearance" too so they're not exactly going to be standing behind them for too long (i.e. they have no commitment....distant memory when they're gone)

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
This is exactly what I meant....they're just using the same supplier as SoloWerks (IMO) and then throwing their sticker on it

I mean...same price point (now) too...just a coincidence?

Hell Dinan even says "entry-level coil over suspension" on their site which is what we've always said SoloWerks just are....not that they're "premium" or anything

If you think the price is right, go ahead. I just wouldn't buy too much into them JUST because they have the Dinan name on them, IMO.
Also remember they're on "clearance" too so they're not exactly going to be standing behind them for too long (i.e. they have no commitment....distant memory when they're gone)
Haha ok. Not SoloWerks. You know I can send my Bilstein or Koni shocks to be rebuilt and custom valved for $100 each. You don't think Dinan doesn't have the same companies custom valve and spring rate a cup kit for cheap? Emmanuel Design makes affordable springs. Imagine a higher volume or person like Dinan doing the same. You don't know what you're talking about and making things up. They dont rebadge things. They engineer things. Always have as the dude is all about persona. I already stated that in the past they've used 3 specific companies to make their stuff, but are not made by them thoigh made by Dinan thru them. The price right now is at cost plus free shipping. A lot of the parts you/we buy are very cheap in cost and marked up 60% for consumer sale just fyi. i.e. Magnaflow catback is a $390 dollar item but is 7xx msrp.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
So for those running the module, can you give us some feedback? Chogokin gave a little bit. Anymore to say about this unit? I'd like to hear more before I spend $$$

Thanks

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
*crickets*

Modbargains is running this on sale again. Yesterday was $156 today it's $170. That's way I wanted those that just installed this to chime in a little bit more before I pulled the trigger

Last edited:

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
*crickets*

Modbargains is running this on sale again. Yesterday was $156 today it's $177. That's way I wanted those that just installed this to chime in a little bit more before I pulled the trigger

It's great. No issues, easy to install. Satisfied for what I do with the car. More punch for daily driving and pulling out of corners in the canyons.

No complaints.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
It's great. No issues, easy to install. Satisfied for what I do with the car. More punch for daily driving and pulling out of corners in the canyons.

No complaints.

Thanks, looking for something mild until I get some miles on the car before I decide on a more aggressive tune down the road.

Last edited:

robbiec

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed my Sport Tuner module over the weekend. Due to some bad weather and heavier than normal traffic, I have not had many opportunities to go WOT. The problem with this car is that in second gear, you go 20-50 in just a couple of seconds. Same thing in third gear, going say 30-75 merging onto the highway. I quickly either run out of space, or far exceed the legal limit, so evaluating the improvement is difficult. There is definitely some increased shove at full throttle above 2,500 RPM. I haven't been able to evaluate performance past 5,000, where the stock boost quickly drops off. That is where I am hoping to feel the gains. I am running the unit in the as-shipped +3 psi mode.

I definitely feel this module is worth the $136 free shipping/no sales tax I paid for it. I wouldn't pay $299 when a JB1 with cable can be had for just a little more. I think Dinan would have sold a few units at $199, but $299 is not competitive with JB1 (or JB4). If you can get one under $200, I say go for it.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
So, I pulled the trigger on one. Had it in my cart last week when it was $136. Yesterday it was $156 and today $170.

I asked the company about getting yesterday's price and they gave me some BS about buying lots and this lot being more expensive....blah, blah, blah. Still a good deal at $170, but it hurts I didn't pull the trigger faster when it was $136....lol

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Haha ok. Not SoloWerks. You know I can send my Bilstein or Koni shocks to be rebuilt and custom valved for $100 each. You don't think Dinan doesn't have the same companies custom valve and spring rate a cup kit for cheap? Emmanuel Design makes affordable springs. Imagine a higher volume or person like Dinan doing the same. You don't know what you're talking about and making things up. They dont rebadge things. They engineer things. Always have as the dude is all about persona. I already stated that in the past they've used 3 specific companies to make their stuff, but are not made by them thoigh made by Dinan thru them. The price right now is at cost plus free shipping. A lot of the parts you/we buy are very cheap in cost and marked up 60% for consumer sale just fyi. i.e. Magnaflow catback is a $390 dollar item but is 7xx msrp.

So since you're going to bat for them....you clearly didn't see my other post or respond to that, why are the MK6 coilovers the EXACT same as the Solos then?

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=547701&postcount=113

These CLEARLY aren't made by any othe companies you mentioned before either: :rolleyes:
Dinan has always worked with Koni, Bilstein and/or KW on their coilover/cup kit offering

As I already said....I wouldn't put too much faith in these just because they have the Dinan name on them.
For $400-500, you get what you pay for still...but if the end user is happy that's all that matters anyways

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
So, I pulled the trigger on one. Had it in my cart last week when it was $136. Yesterday it was $156 and today $170.

I asked the company about getting yesterday's price and they gave me some BS about buying lots and this lot being more expensive....blah, blah, blah. Still a good deal at $170, but it hurts I didn't pull the trigger faster when it was $136....lol

Just be realistic with your expectations the product. It's not going to be a pushing you back into your seat type of feel...but feel it you can. Getting from 80 to 100 feels quicker. The torque gains down low from a slow roll is real noticeable.

I haven't tried the other modes. I've been on Sport+ since I can only get 91 in California:rolleyes:. I might try Race to see what happens.

Has anyone tried Valet mode yet?:D

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Just be realistic with your expectations the product. It's not going to be a pushing you back into your seat type of feel...but feel it you can. Getting from 80 to 100 feels quicker. The torque gains down low from a slow roll is real noticeable.

I haven't tried the other modes. I've been on Sport+ since I can only get 91 in California:rolleyes:. I might try Race to see what happens.

Has anyone tried Valet mode yet?:D
Do you know the octane requirements for sport and sport + ?

Wonder if you can get away with sport on 87

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion

I have been running a piggy now for over a year. I always run top tier 93 plus a mix of corn. Fuel octane/quality is top priority running 5 to 7 psi over.

robbiec

Passed Driver's Ed

If you care even the least bit about performance, why would you ever consider running 87 on a turbo engine?

To answer your question, no, you most certainly should not running higher than stock boost levels on 87 octane.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!

Sport+ requires at least 91, according to their site.