GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shipping Pucks Still Installed (Angry)

Hackett896

Passed Driver's Ed
So I picked up my 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG last week and asked the dealer if all shipping pucks have been removed during the delivery inspection and he assured me that they were. Thank god I read a lot of posts on this forum because I did the inspection myself and found something very interesting..... The D@mn pucks on both sides. Luckily I was only at 176 miles, but come on.

If you are in the Ramstein Germany area and use MAS (Military Auto Source), make sure you demand that they jack the car up so you can look before you drive away. UNSAT, and now I await his call back. Not a good day. Rant over......:mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

• Pucks.jpg
    Pucks.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 5,355

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
that sucks there have been way to many delivered with pucks still and for no good reason there's so many thing's that say hey! remove the damn pucks lol

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
What exactly are these for, and where are they located? I never checked when I picked mine up last weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

When you jack up the front (dont need to do back, the pucks only come on the front) the suspension will extend.

Lift up the boot on the suspension beneath the springs (accordion looking thing) and in that there are 3 pucks on each side.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
What the puck? Get the puck outta here! How the puck is this still happening?! Sucks you had to un-puck yourself.[emoji14]
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

\w/

Ready to race!
What the puck? Get the puck outta here! How the puck is this still happening?! Sucks you had to un-puck yourself.[emoji14]
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ohhhh we got a funny guy here. :D

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
So I picked up my 2016 GTI Autobahn DSG last week and asked the dealer if all shipping pucks have been removed during the delivery inspection and he assured me that they were. Thank god I read a lot of posts on this forum because I did the inspection myself and found something very interesting..... The D@mn pucks on both sides. Luckily I was only at 176 miles, but come on.

If you are in the Ramstein Germany area and use MAS (Military Auto Source), make sure you demand that they jack the car up so you can look before you drive away. UNSAT, and now I await his call back. Not a good day. Rant over......:mad::mad::mad:

PUCK-GATE!
Glad you checked.
So sad to see.

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
What exactly are these for, and where are they located? I never checked when I picked mine up last weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

They are used to reduce front suspension movement during transportation. They should be removed during PDI, but for some stupid reason this seems like a huge miss with some places.

For anyone taking a new delivery I'd recommend requesting the shipping pucks be placed in a bag on the front seat so that you know they've been removed.

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
I hope I haven't been driving around with mine [emoji848] I mean it's a GTI so I don't expect a smooth ride lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I hope I haven't been driving around with mine [emoji848] I mean it's a GTI so I don't expect a smooth ride lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If left in the ride will be very hard. If you hit a bump the suspension will not move much. Think like a wagon.
But best to check as they could leave 3, 2, or 1 on each side up front.

Ripley GTI

Yup, I had the same problem after picking mine up in Bremerhaven a month ago. I complained 4 days later and it is appalling that this still happens. I am going to demand a refund of their "admin and setup" fee...

wah

Ready to race!
Too many puns for one thread.

But is this happening so often just because dealers are too lazy to check? Seems like this is such an obvious thing that is being overlooked..