GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I still gotta do this mod. I hate takeoff on this car, so hard to start moving without riding the clutch and making the whole car vibrate. And ive driven manual cars for 10 years

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

16GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I still gotta do this mod. I hate takeoff on this car, so hard to start moving without riding the clutch and making the whole car vibrate. And ive driven manual cars for 10 years

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

It is worth the time. Clutch engagement is as it ought to be without the delay! I would definitely follow the advice child_in_time gave me, and Universal_Remonster mentioned in this thread, attach some clear tubing to the bleeder valve nipple before bleeding the line. I didn't have any, and didn't go get any, and consequently, I shot brake fluid all over the place while bleeding that line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
It is worth the time. Clutch engagement is as it ought to be without the delay! I would definitely follow the advice child_in_time gave me, and Universal_Remonster mentioned in this thread, attach some clear tubing to the bleeder valve nipple before bleeding the line. I didn't have any, and didn't go get any, and consequently, I shot brake fluid all over the place while bleeding that line!

My buddy got buckshot of it to his face when we were doing my car :\

Ruined his brand new Ray Bans (~$150), but luckily those protected his eyes

16GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
My buddy got buckshot of it to his face when we were doing my car :\

Ruined his brand new Ray Bans (~$150), but luckily those protected his eyes

Dang! Good thing the shades protected his eyes. I was doing it alone, so wasn't standing over the engine or I'd probably have gotten a face full myself.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Not sure if this was answered, I went through the thread:

Would it be possible to leave the block attached and just take out the diaphragm from the bleed screw hole? It looks like you have to do that to begin with once you remove the block (from what I've read).

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I don't think so but it may be possible

16GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah not sure about that. That valve is pretty small. But I removed the whole block and put in the ecs block so I didn't have to remove the diaphragm. It's still in the oem block I removed. You might check for you tube videos on removal.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Not sure if this was answered, I went through the thread:

Would it be possible to leave the block attached and just take out the diaphragm from the bleed screw hole? It looks like you have to do that to begin with once you remove the block (from what I've read).

This is not possible. The diaphragm must come out of the side. And it only comes out one way, I believe on the clutch line side of the block.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
So why are people taking off the bleeder valve when the block is removed?

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
This is not possible. The diaphragm must come out of the side. And it only comes out one way, I believe on the clutch line side of the block.

I unscrewed the bleeder valve and the diaphragm fell right out - no puncturing or violent pushing required.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
I unscrewed the bleeder valve and the diaphragm fell right out - no puncturing or violent pushing required.

True, but I think crxgator was asking if the diaphragm can be pulled out the top where the bleed screw attaches, which it cannot, as far as I know.

So why are people taking off the bleeder valve when the block is removed?

If I remember correctly it is in the way of removing the diaphragm.

On one side the little yellow diaphragm is held up against a flange, which you can see here:

So it won't go out that way. And directly on the other side of it is the bleed valve assembly, which protrudes down into the fluid passage.

This is the part I mean:

And here you can see it protruding down into the block. This is with the diaphragm already removed, the flange drilled out, and the bleed valve filed down considerably. But if it where in there, it would be between the flange and the bleed valve. Therefore you have to take the bleed valve out.

The short story is it can only come out one way. It will make more sense when you do it.

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
Achievement unlocked;)
Not really a night and day difference (I'd have to ride one with/without back to back to judge) and the mod is not a substitute for skills (stalled mine like twice anyway, I was wearing sandals). Still an easy mod and no reason to skip it - this is the way GTI has been meant to driven (with no nannies getting in the way). Now, it'd be nice to replace electronically controlled throttle body with a cable actuated one.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Even though illegal, I go bare foot in lieu of sandals. Much better sense of the pedals.

Hah. Does this forum have a driving shoes thread yet?

I prefer my Puma DriftCats! :D

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Even though illegal, I go bare foot in lieu of sandals. Much better sense of the pedals.

It's illegal to drive barefoot?? Like you said, more connected to pedals that way... i absolutely love driving barefoot