GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free MT6 wonder mod: OEM bleeder delay removal

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
It's illegal to drive barefoot?? Like you said, more connected to pedals that way... i absolutely love driving barefoot

It's legal. I was told the same wive's tale about it being illegal when I was a kid.

Chowderhead72

Ready to race!
You linked the USP hose. I did the bleeder block and hose at the same time. I can't comment on just the hose, overall it seems great but I don't have anything to compare to other than OEM.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The hose seems like a great idea but I would like to know how to bleed it. It seems that you are deleting the bleed screw.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
I tackled this on a TSI 5MT last weekend

DIY/writeup: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?8125994-DIY-Clutch-Delay-Valve-removal-on-TSI-5MTs

It shifts soooooo much better now. I can't believe VW, BMW, and others put these stupid delay valves in their cars. Stupid, stupid, stupid, design.

Anyone thinking of doing it - stop thinking and DO IT!!!

Thanks for not being one of the many who talk out of their asses and say there was no CDV in the 1.8T 5MTs..

And thanks for the great DIY, worked like a charm!

Here's a pic for all you naysayers. Pulls from a 2016 1.8T MT 5-spd

Is this only for GTI's? Or all VW transmissions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to take a look at my 5MT 1.8 Tsi and this is what I see... What the? Guess this mod doesn't apply to 5MT guys...?

It looks like the bleeder valve unclips towards the rear, but the module is bolted into the transmission. What happens if I unclip and then unbolt from transmission?

Yea, as far as I can tell our bleeder valve doesn't have a restrictor, so we don't need to worry about this. My clutch doesn't have any of the problems described in this thread, and I recently test drove a GTI and found that the clutch in our car feels much better. It's a bit weird that VW would setup the higher end transmission to have a worse feel...

Thanks for your feedback! Maybe I just need to drive the gti to appreciate what I have ;)

I wonder why VW does this. Maybe it's a transmission saver due to more power. The world may never know...

Does it work with the 5speed too?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

No. The 5 speeds have a different configuration.

AFAIK, the 5-speeds don't even have a delay valve. They work the way a clutch is supposed to

I believe it only applies to 6 speeds. The 5-speeds don't have this thing.

surfstar

Ready to race!
Thanks for not being one of the many who talk out of their asses and say there was no CDV in the 1.8T 5MTs..

And thanks for the great DIY, worked like a charm!

You're welcome! My clutch felt just like it had a CDV, so I had to investigate. I was 95% sure it felt like the 5 spds had one and it had to go.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
I've go to the block out, and the piece unscrewed, but I can't seem to get the diaphragm out, it's still blocked on both sides. Help?

16GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I've go to the block out, and the piece unscrewed, but I can't seem to get the diaphragm out, it's still blocked on both sides. Help?

One of the poster's in here said you could pop it out the top with the bleeder valve unscrewed completely. Have you tried popping it out the top?

I know the original post said it could only be pried out from one side if you are trying to do it that way. It's blocked from coming out the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie

There is a retaining clip holding the bleed screw assembly in the block.. pull this retaining clip out and slide the bleeder up and out.. no need to unscrew, in fact, unscrewing the bleeder itself will not release the valve. Once the bleeder assembly is removed the valve will just fall out.

surfwagon

Ready to race!
I just did this over the weekend. Use a screw driver to pry up the center metal tab (the same way you do on either side to remove the bleeder from the line). Once you do this you pull the center screw assembly out of the bleeder. The yellow plug literally falls out.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
There is a retaining clip holding the bleed screw assembly in the block.. pull this retaining clip out and slide the bleeder up and out.. no need to unscrew, in fact, unscrewing the bleeder itself will not release the valve. Once the bleeder assembly is removed the valve will just fall out.

Thanks, I was able to figure this out on my own after looking at it. Hopefully he changes the guide, right now it's a little misleading because it tells you to do something different which doesn't work.

BanamexDF

Hey guys, do I need to pump my clutch if I'm using a power bleeder?

I'm looking to do this soon when I do a brake fluid flush. I have a Motive power bleeder. Thanks for posting up all the info!

Last edited:

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
The hose seems like a great idea but I would like to know how to bleed it. It seems that you are deleting the bleed screw.

The hose does not eliminate the bleeder block. It attaches to it, just like the existing clutch line. You would follow the same bleeding process as if you just replaced the bleeder block, except your clutch line will be completely empty so you will have to do an extra good job to make sure you get all the air out!

I have a stainless steel line from KMD tuning. It does make a slight difference in pedal feel.

Unless USP have changed their product lately, some have noted that the O-rings they supply are not DOT-4 compatible and eventually break down, causing leaks in the system. :eek:

Not sure about the ECS hose but it looks nice.

Chowderhead72

Ready to race!
The hose does not eliminate the bleeder block. It attaches to it, just like the existing clutch line. You would follow the same bleeding process as if you just replaced the bleeder block, except your clutch line will be completely empty so you will have to do an extra good job to make sure you get all the air out!

I have a stainless steel line from KMD tuning. It does make a slight difference in pedal feel.

Unless USP have changed their product lately, some have noted that the O-rings they supply are not DOT-4 compatible and eventually break down, causing leaks in the system. :eek:

Not sure about the ECS hose but it looks nice.

Ahh Crap.... I ordered the hose thinking it would replace the whole works. I'll order the block, does anyone else make one?