GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Motorsports Billet Aluminum MQB Dogbone Mount Insert

SnowyLCR

Ready to race!
Installed mine today.
Can't say I feel any difference in vibrations. Maybe some slightly added noice in neutral, I'm not sure.
My main impression are that the engine is more connected to the gearbox, gaspedal and the wheels. Hard to explain but less slack in the driveline. But still, couldn't feel any slack without it, it's like a new dimension. Aha, it can be like this aswell.
Under heavy throttle the engine sounds much more aggressive. I've stock downpipe but the difference I can only imagine but like adding a downpipe to stock catback?

Sent using my fingers

Tone1

Ready to race!
So I just spent about an hour under my car with a socket wrench, followed by a large breaker bar, and finally an impact drill and this SOB won't budge. Someone please tell me this thing isn't reverse threaded...

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
Just installed mine today.
The bolt was on there extremely good, a breaker bar is a must and I used a poll on top of my breaker bar for more leverage. After bolt is removed it's smooth sailing.

1) Idle vibration I have not noticed any different which I am extremely happy about.
2) car sounds louder, I swear I can hear the turbo much better
3) shifting in 1st and 2nd is rougher as it shifts harder
4) no noticeable change with air conditioning on
5) no noticeable difference while in reverse

redlined0517

Passed Driver's Ed
Just ordered 1 with a bolt from ECS. Installing on Friday. Seems like a no brainer mod. I am about to go stage 2 so I feel like this is a good idea to aid in fighting wheel hop with the extra tq. I'll give feedback after install.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
So I just spent about an hour under my car with a socket wrench, followed by a large breaker bar, and finally an impact drill and this SOB won't budge. Someone please tell me this thing isn't reverse threaded...
Not reverse threaded, you need a breaker bar or a proper 1/2 or larger pneumatic impact to remove the bolt, an electric one won't have the torque needed most likely.

Tatanko

Ready to race!
Is it recommended that this be installed with the car on a lift? For some reason I seem to recall reading that it was more ideal to do it with the car on the ground or on ramps. If this is a silly question please feel free to ridicule me :p

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Is it recommended that this be installed with the car on a lift? For some reason I seem to recall reading that it was more ideal to do it with the car on the ground or on ramps. If this is a silly question please feel free to ridicule me :p

Just drive it up on ramps, remove the bolt, insert, torque, drive off the ramps and enjoy...

Tatanko

Ready to race!
Just drive it up on ramps, remove the bolt, insert, torque, drive off the ramps and enjoy...
Anyone have recommendations on some good ramps? I've been meaning to buy a set because they seem incredibly useful, but I don't own a set and have never really used them before.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
If you want the best, Race Ramps.They'ree pricey though. If you want something that barely clears a stock height car, but does work, Rhino Ramps.

iliveoncaffiene

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 718 GT4
I thought Rhino Ramps were too steep to make it up?

I have a pair of rhino ramps with my R (stock height which makes it lower than a GTI) and I've used them front/rear with no issues at all.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Oh damn... I bought a set at Autozone maybe 4 years ago for my MK6. Had to return them since I couldn't clear the front bumper.

Did they make an update or something to the design? Or is there a lower one that I don't know about?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Nah mine are about 8 years old so maybe the newer ones aren't the same? Lol. On my front it does touch the bottom of the front bumper, but leaves no marks or anything.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Oh man... Time to go get a set. Been holding off on getting the insert since I figured I was going to need to just build my own ramps with wood. Then been super lazy and never actually went to Home Depot to buy materials. :|