GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Hey Quebster, hope all is well with you sir. The only reason i ask about customer service is because there were two instances in the past with my mk6 gli and my b8 s4 where i needed support and APR was able to have a dealer check my files and log my car and have it fixed asap.

I'm worried i end up with an issue and the issue gets ignored. The GTi is my daily and I'm averaging 24k miles annually. I'm 6mt so I wouldnt need a DSG tune. I'm assuming that the ECU tunes are pretty good from browsing a few pages of the thread and the only current bugs seem to be with TCU tunes?

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for offering advice.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

A lot of the support is from us forum members. We can help check out logs and point out what may not be right, but in the end usually Chris has to fix the files.

Like you said, most of the issues are with the DSG tune. The ECU tune is pretty good for an OTS map, but where APR might shine is a bit more fine tuning at all throttle inputs. Maestro is a good option if you know how to tune and can make the most power with it, but sounds like it might be more than you want to deal with :)

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thought I wasn't going to be able to get out of a parking space today...eurodyne why did you fuck with reverse?!

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Thought I wasn't going to be able to get out of a parking space today...eurodyne why did you fuck with reverse?!

When you let go of the brake pedal it kicks back and forward like the clutch is engaging and disengaging right and mostly in reverse? Mine is doing the same LOL and some times in first gear.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
When you let go of the brake pedal it kicks back and forward like the clutch is engaging and disengaging right and mostly in reverse? Mine is doing the same LOL and some times in first gear.
Yes it's a joke... Tune wasnt ready for release.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Well I got cleared by the dealer on my raspy low RPM sound, said 2 other brand new 2017's made the same noise. So now to put my DP back on and tune. All these ED DSG stories have me thinking I should try to get a refund on just the TCU cost and go with another vendor before I try ED. Looking at about an extra $500 to drive down to the APR tuner 10 mins away and get it done there. Anyone think these ED bugs are going to get worked out soon?

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Well I got cleared by the dealer on my raspy low RPM sound, said 2 other brand new 2017's made the same noise. So now to put my DP back on and tune. All these ED DSG stories have me thinking I should try to get a refund on just the TCU cost and go with another vendor before I try ED. Looking at about an extra $500 to drive down to the APR tuner 10 mins away and get it done there. Anyone think these ED bugs are going to get worked out soon?

Honestly.. no. I'd email Chris though and see what he says.

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
Anybody else having issues with the new stage1 dsg file over 6000rpm in 3rd gear? Locks the car in gear and I have to turn the engine off to get the transmission to work again. Sucks accelerating onto the freeway and have the transmission freek out.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Anybody else having issues with the new stage1 dsg file over 6000rpm in 3rd gear? Locks the car in gear and I have to turn the engine off to get the transmission to work again. Sucks accelerating onto the freeway and have the transmission freek out.

There is like 10 pages on this issue. Not sure what the maker is doing with these issues.

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Thank you for the reply oblivious, i might pass on the eurodyne tune. I cant believe they released a DSG tune with so many bugs.

Not that APR is doing any better, they released the burbles and pops tune and people have reported less boost and a significant loss in overall performance.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I'm glad I haven't updated from the old non adjustable Stage 2 93 octane file and the old TCU tune. My car is running great and my personal best in the 1/4 is 11.95 at 4000 DA.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'm glad I haven't updated from the old non adjustable Stage 2 93 octane file and the old TCU tune. My car is running great and my personal best in the 1/4 is 11.95 at 4000 DA.

Damn you have an OG file haha. Only thing more rare would he a 2016 on the v8.2 hahaha

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Stage 1 tcu fixed my prior stage 1.2 issues, I have my snow tires so I haven't really gotten a chance to use lc or really beat on it but so far all is better. Taking off is smoother too now.