GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB Stage 1 Released

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Mine's en-route and arriving Monday...This Cali outlaw cant wait! ;->

Ill probably be getting a DP next week as well. George is Map 6 available to anyone with a cable (which I ordered) or do I need to get something else for access to that? Thanks in advance.

AlienSP

Ready to race!
I have a wingspan of 6'-5" and was able to reach down and unfasten plug D in about 15sec. Due to limited visibility, I saw what I thought was the correct connector and plugged it in. It wasn't from the JB1 harness, but the original plug. I spent the next 30 minutes attempting to release this plug before removing the bottom pan and immediately removing it. BTW, you don't need ramps; just slide your head under there.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Dang, Still on the fence on whether to get JB1 or leave the car alone....

Get it. You will notice immediate gains and this unit keeps a nice smooth (and long) power band. Once you get the JB1, you will think to yourself, "why in the world did I consider not getting this!" ;)

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Dang, Still on the fence on whether to get JB1 or leave the car alone....

Well if those are your two options then stop thinking now and just buy it. Wait until you can find it used one or just get it from the website without the cable. I truly don't see any negatives to it. You can remove it in five minutes (not exaggerating at all) in case you ever need warranty work done. All you do is plug it in, turn the car on and it just goes better than before.

Norsk982

Ready to race!
Well if those are your two options then stop thinking now and just buy it. Wait until you can find it used one or just get it from the website without the cable. I truly don't see any negatives to it. You can remove it in five minutes (not exaggerating at all) in case you ever need warranty work done. All you do is plug it in, turn the car on and it just goes better than before.

Engine Long term life?

Clutch long term life?

That's my questions. I want to keep my car for more than 6 years, and it is my daily driver. The only car I have.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Engine Long term life?

Clutch long term life?

That's my questions. I want to keep my car for more than 6 years, and it is my daily driver. The only car I have.

These are the reasons why I went with the JB1, plus you can turn it down or "off" especially during the winter months where you may not need or want that extra power. The JB1 adds a modest amount of power, plus during the first 5 years, you just remove the unit when taking to the dealership for any work.

As for the clutch, I would do the delay removal mod as I think that actually decreases the life of the clutch by slipping it more that needed.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14745

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Engine Long term life?

Clutch long term life?

The unit is only active over a certain amount of load so the majority of the time when you commuting the car is running stock. So its a matter of it being there when you need it and the rest of the cars lifetime its runs as a stock car.

We have gotten many requests asking to make the unit a bit more aggressive on part throttle so we working on a way to make this user adjustable so that everyone it can work to everyone's tastes.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
We have gotten many requests asking to make the unit a bit more aggressive on part throttle so we working on a way to make this user adjustable so that everyone it can work to everyone's tastes.

Well truthfully I just want the JB4 hahaha. If there was someway to add No-Lift-Shift to the JB4 which should be do-able if you can get full ignition control, I would send you money by the thousands haha

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion

New map? This would be neat and fun to try out! Although I have winter tires on right now.... :(

Well truthfully I just want the JB4 hahaha. If there was someway to add No-Lift-Shift to the JB4 which should be do-able if you can get full ignition control, I would send you money by the thousands haha

No lift shift would be a great bonus!

Norsk982

Ready to race!
These are the reasons why I went with the JB1, plus you can turn it down or "off" especially during the winter months where you may not need or want that extra power. The JB1 adds a modest amount of power, plus during the first 5 years, you just remove the unit when taking to the dealership for any work.

As for the clutch, I would do the delay removal mod as I think that actually decreases the life of the clutch by slipping it more that needed.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14745

Yea, I need someone to help me with that!

mec0902

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't believe I read this entire thread. lol. Definitely interested in getting this, though likely will wait till spring since winter tires are on and I'd just roast them off (205/50/17).

I'm curious if anyone has a TCU tune for their DSG with the JB1, someone asked before but no one responded.

There also seemed to be more PP owners who were posting issues. George mentioned the PP makes more power by trailing the boost off a little later (If I read that right). I wonder if PP owners should all be using Map6 to custom their boost levels per rpm.

I have the APR DSG tune. It's a completely different car now. So much more responsive and doesn't rush to get to 6th.

GTI2016

Ready to race!
Regarding the install... got my unit and will be putting on in as soon as the sun comes up. Question: Can I hookup A,B and C, start the car to put on ramps, then install D from underneath without effing anything up? Is it safe to start car without D, drive up the ramps then finish? Sorry if this is confusing... Im very hungover right now.