GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEUSPEED Power Module

jtucker

Passed Driver's Ed
So I bought one of these off fleabay for cheap, $200. The install was easier than I thought. Not too hard to reach that lower connector. To tell the truth I am not noticing too much difference yet. I suppose I need to put some miles on it. Taking someone to the airport in a bit. I'll wind it out on the way home and let you all know what I think. Worse comes to worse I'll just take it back off and re-sell it. Not going to consider any other type of tune until the warranty runs out.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
So I bought one of these off fleabay for cheap, $200. The install was easier than I thought. Not too hard to reach that lower connector. To tell the truth I am not noticing too much difference yet. I suppose I need to put some miles on it. Taking someone to the airport in a bit. I'll wind it out on the way home and let you all know what I think. Worse comes to worse I'll just take it back off and re-sell it. Not going to consider any other type of tune until the warranty runs out.

Assuming the flea bay unit is legit?, it normally takes 20 plus miles. FYI. Good luck Man, and be safe.

Cale399

I got mine on eBay $275 and user said he used it for a yr and now going to APR tune because he wants more power, it was happy while he had it no issues or codes etc ....I'll report on it once instelled And in use.... by a non-mechanical guy that wants a few more horses now with plug and play

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
Went from 231hp/271tq stock....to 262hp/316tq with NPM only on 92 octane

Dyno was a hub style DynaPack

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

The post below yours show the HP and Tq increase.
You should easily be able to tell it after 20 miles.
Make sure you have them all plugged in. You should hear a click.

oorrllyy

Ready to race!
what other mod u have on your car?

Umm...not to sound like a dick, but it's right there in your quote lol Stock numbers and NPM only numbers

jtucker

Passed Driver's Ed
OK, I've had this on for a little more tan a week now. I can definitely feel the difference under moderate acceleration. Power delivery is a little bit more non-linear, but I suppose that is the whole point. Not seeing any loss of mpg for normal commuting. So far this seems like $200 well spent.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
OK, I've had this on for a little more tan a week now. I can definitely feel the difference under moderate acceleration. Power delivery is a little bit more non-linear, but I suppose that is the whole point. Not seeing any loss of mpg for normal commuting. So far this seems like $200 well spent.

Good deal Man. Enjoy.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
If this is a serious statement, then you can afford a 6MT R. Which means, you can afford a new clutch on your GTI...

Although true, it would still be a waste of money to dump money into a car I'm only going to have for a year or so. Well, a lot of money. :D

I've had 5 new cars since May of 2011, yes I have a problem. I've told myself I was going to keep everyone of them and even dumped $8K into my 2015 Tacoma - I got tired of 12mpg. The problem is my cars are a canvas. I make them mine then I get bored and want to start all over again. Gotta find a cure.........The Golf R is nothing more then a fan boy car for me. In reality the only major difference is that is has AWD. I don't consider cosmetic stuff a major difference.

Anyway, I'm ranting....

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
The Golf R is nothing more then a fan boy car for me. In reality the only major difference is that is has AWD. I don't consider cosmetic stuff a major difference.

Anyway, I'm ranting....

A fanboy car that provides entry level supercar performance for a fraction the price:rolleyes:

But a fanboy car nonetheless. If I can ever afford anything more than said fanboy car... I probably wouldn't get it anyway.

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
A fanboy car that provides entry level supercar performance for a fraction the price:rolleyes:

But a fanboy car nonetheless. If I can ever afford anything more than said fanboy car... I probably wouldn't get it anyway.

Precisely why I want it!!!!! [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cale399

Love this car! Got 2017 Sport and added the Neuspeed box ran over a week 5psi and it was a blast my buddy dared me to go 7psi on 93 oct and after I tried to get as much info as possible I did it....it seems like just a little more but not the difference I felt from stock to 5psi/low setting....tonight I got some NOS Oct Boost will try it tomorrow see how it feels
But overall this is a great midlife crisis toy/time travel automobile that takes me back to what I wanted when I was 13/15/18....but as we all know this now has comparisons wise way more power and we can surprise folks with it and it is a blast to "just" drive!