GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing: The AWE Tuning Mk7 GTI Exhaust Suite

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
Long run plans include awe's downpipe.

I'm thinking touring with stock downpipe. Though I'm strongly considering the track cat back with stock downpipe to start with.

The great thing about AWE is they are one of a very few if not the only exhaust manufacturer that offer conversion kits. So if I change my mind I can always get the conversation kit :cool:

It is indeed a good option to have; looks like a number of folks have started with stock dp/awe track, and converted from there.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
If going aftermarket DP, the touring is pry best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
If going aftermarket DP, the touring is pry best

Yep, agree 100%.

So after watching and more importantly listening to the AWE videos in 1080p on youtube with a pair of high end headphones (I'm a audiophile too) here is my take on the exhausts. Bare in mind these thoughts are only from what I can hear in the videos. I have yet to hear these exhausts in person :(

I just listened to both the track and touring exhaust (with stock DP) videos back to back and there is very little difference in volume between the two from what I hear. The touring is more subdued when those DSG shifts happen. Track edition seems to let those cracks out more.

Adding the performance downpipe to the picture and things liven up very fast.

Track is just obscene for the street. Sounds great, but I must be getting old. That combo is just too loud for me :p

Touring + AWE Downpipe? Wow! sounds savage when you stomp on it :eek:
Putting along doesn't sound too bad, though you KNOW something has been done to the exhaust. Seems universal once you get a downpipe in the picture you KNOW something is going on here :D

I'm not sure if it's too loud or not though. Really hard to judge from the video. I'd love to hear what it sounds like next to a stock car. Even better I'd love to get a ride along in a touring + downpipe car to see what it sounds like.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Yep, agree 100%.

So after watching and more importantly listening to the AWE videos in 1080p on youtube with a pair of high end headphones (I'm a audiophile too) here is my take on the exhausts. Bare in mind these thoughts are only from what I can hear in the videos. I have yet to hear these exhausts in person :(

I just listened to both the track and touring exhaust (with stock DP) videos back to back and there is very little difference in volume between the two from what I hear. The touring is more subdued when those DSG shifts happen. Track edition seems to let those cracks out more.

Adding the performance downpipe to the picture and things liven up very fast.

Track is just obscene for the street. Sounds great, but I must be getting old. That combo is just too loud for me :p

Touring + AWE Downpipe? Wow! sounds savage when you stomp on it :eek:
Putting along doesn't sound too bad, though you KNOW something has been done to the exhaust. Seems universal once you get a downpipe in the picture you KNOW something is going on here :D

I'm not sure if it's too loud or not though. Really hard to judge from the video. I'd love to hear what it sounds like next to a stock car. Even better I'd love to get a ride along in a touring + downpipe car to see what it sounds like.

Maybe there's some folks from the BMore area that could meet up with you?

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
We have 9 track edition systems in stock but only 1 Diamond Black Touring Edition here:

I prefer the Touring edition myself. Even with the stock downpipe it is still an improvement over stock in all areas, but it is by far the most level toned system inside the car. You don't get any drone with the stock downpipe, only a smidge with the downpipe. I am picky and find it very driveable and controllable with your foot/sense.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I prefer the Touring edition myself. Even with the stock downpipe it is still an improvement over stock in all areas, but it is by far the most level toned system inside the car. You don't get any drone with the stock downpipe, only a smidge with the downpipe. I am picky and find it very driveable and controllable with your foot/sense.

Really? I feel like anything quieter than the track on the stock DP is a very small difference in sound vs the OEM catback for the price of a full replacement. That's coming from someone with tinnitus in both ears who is hypersensitive to loud noises or any type of drone. Track seems PERFECT for the stock DP, should have been how the car came from the factory and would have made the stupid soundaktor an unnecessary addition (oh ya, thanks for forcing us to pay for this VW instead of making it an optional extra for the few that wanted it!)

With a DP, I would definitely go touring. My ears probably wouldn't handle the track + DP. Everyone has different tolerance levels but I'm sure potential buyers appreciate hearing everyone's input. Helped me figure out what I wanted after months of research!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Maybe there's some folks from the BMore area that could meet up with you?
Honestly, i just have to weigh the options out. I think that my decision is to stay with AWE to support a great local company. You guys are only 2 hours away from me :cool:

We have 9 track edition systems in stock but only 1 Diamond Black Touring Edition here:

Very nice!

How's the free shipping work?
Tax free to Maryland?

Really? I feel like anything quieter than the track on the stock DP is a very small difference in sound vs the OEM catback for the price of a full replacement. That's coming from someone with tinnitus in both ears who is hypersensitive to loud noises or any type of drone. Track seems PERFECT for the stock DP, should have been how the car came from the factory and would have made the stupid soundaktor an unnecessary addition (oh ya, thanks for forcing us to pay for this VW instead of making it an optional extra for the few that wanted it!)

With a DP, I would definitely go touring. My ears probably wouldn't handle the track + DP. Everyone has different tolerance levels but I'm sure potential buyers appreciate hearing everyone's input. Helped me figure out what I wanted after months of research!
The track edition sounds similar to the Touring edition when connected to the AWE downpipe.

But videos don't do exhausts justice. You'd really need some high end equipment to get the full spectrum of sound.

Thanks a lot guys for helping me with my decision.

LG3MK7

Ready to race!
Happy with my touring and custom dp. Deep and throaty but still quiet down low, sounds awesome up in higher rpms. Just wish they would have put a hanger on the muffler so I can attach to the hanger on the car and prevent it from sagging.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Happy with my touring and custom dp. Deep and throaty but still quiet down low, sounds awesome up in higher rpms. Just wish they would have put a hanger on the muffler so I can attach to the hanger on the car and prevent it from sagging.

Glad you're enjoying it!

The muffler will suck up to the belly by giving the coordinating clamps some extra "oomph." The clamps can take it. Give it a try.

jacincm

Ready to race!
Checking in to see how everyone is doing, newly equipped drivers and not so new!

Also reminding you if you ever need me, I am here :)

My parents house is about 7 min down the road in North Wales. Do you guys offer free installation with purchase?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Checking in to see how everyone is doing, newly equipped drivers and not so new!

Also reminding you if you ever need me, I am here :)
Not only am I still enjoying the added soundtrack of the Track edition I got a few two thumbs up from some fellow coworkers :cool:

Not that I care what they think :p
I love the way it sounds regardless. As time has passed the note of the exhaust has deepened and sounds amazing :D:cool:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

I installed the track exhaust last month and extremely happy about it. Now itching to get the downpipe!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
My parents house is about 7 min down the road in North Wales. Do you guys offer free installation with purchase?

Negative. But labor rate is very competitive! If you'd like to inquire about install, PM me your email and I will have a colleague reach out to ya :)

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Not only am I still enjoying the added soundtrack of the Track edition I got a few two thumbs up from some fellow coworkers :cool:

Not that I care what they think :p
I love the way it sounds regardless. As time has passed the note of the exhaust has deepened and sounds amazing :D:cool:

Each time I read notes from you a solid smirk arrives on my face as a result of you're enjoyment from your configuration given the amount of research you did before pulling the trigger. Big thumbs up.

I installed the track exhaust last month and extremely happy about it. Now itching to get the downpipe!

Awesome!

Ha. I totally understand. Be sure to leave no rock unturned when the time comes to make the move to DP land as many have noted (myself included) that the Track Edition paired to a DP, whether it be catted or catless, can be a bit too rowdy for some. I recommend our catted DP with the Touring Edition conversion simply because the exhaust note is pretty dang perfect (IMO).