GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 GTI ECU Upgrade!

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Anyone flash their ECU yet?? Eager to get feedback from users! :D

Yeah...available starting today right?....someone has to have it by now.

Let's hear about it!

(Although if they just got it today they are probably too busy driving the piss out of their car right now.....to busy for the forum)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin- this may sound like a silly question, but my wife also drives the car, will this affect normal day to day driveability?

The only real difference she will notices is that she doesn't have to push the gas pedal down so far to get all the power. It's still extremely enjoyable to drive. Torque is reduced in first gear to limit wheel spin, and was actually calibrated this way for maximum acceleration. It's really fun. :)

Arin, do you guys have any ideas how much power the motor will hold?

We shall see. Our stage 3 kit is in development now. : )

Arin, would it be possible to buy another ECU, replace the one that came with the car, flash it, and when going back to VW for service putting the old ECU back?

The ECU is tied to other components in the vehicle. They aren't plug and play.

blackcat1

Banned
Hrmm but isnt it possible to clone the original ECU tha came with the car in the new one? Like VW would do if mine was damaged.

The only real difference she will notices is that she doesn't have to push the gas pedal down so far to get all the power. It's still extremely enjoyable to drive. Torque is reduced in first gear to limit wheel spin, and was actually calibrated this way for maximum acceleration. It's really fun. :)

We shall see. Our stage 3 kit is in development now. : )

The ECU is tied to other components in the vehicle. They aren't plug and play.

gregsju29

Go Kart Champion
^^^^This sounds like a lot of work. What is your concern? I've had 3 vws tuned, gas and diesel, hardware, flashes and turbo upgrades with APR and haven't had any issues with their products or service, nor have I had any problems with my car related to modifications. I take my car in for routine service to the vw dealer or a performance shop that I trust and call it a day. If you want to mod your car, go for it, but if you're so worried about factory warranty, then maybe modifying your car isn't for you. Either way, make a decision and find some peace with it! I'll never own a vw/audi and not get it tuned, but that's just me, and I don't consider myself wreckless nor full of endless amounts of cash

blackcat1

Banned
In brazil, there is no such thing as dealers that dont care. If you change ANYTHING on the car, they'll use it to kill the warranty. So I'm trying to protect myself in case some factory related thing blows and I have to change the engine. The engine alone here costs U$ 34k.

^^^^This sounds like a lot of work. What is your concern? I've had 3 vws tuned, gas and diesel, hardware, flashes and turbo upgrades with APR and haven't had any issues with their products or service, nor have I had any problems with my car related to modifications. I take my car in for routine service to the vw dealer or a performance shop that I trust and call it a day. If you want to mod your car, go for it, but if you're so worried about factory warranty, then maybe modifying your car isn't for you. Either way, make a decision and find some peace with it! I'll never own a vw/audi and not get it tuned, but that's just me, and I don't consider myself wreckless nor full of endless amounts of cash

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
You can flash it back to stock rather than replacing the entire ECU!!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Hrmm but isnt it possible to clone the original ECU tha came with the car in the new one? Like VW would do if mine was damaged.

You can only have one ECU. When the ECU gets coded to the car, other components also get coded. Those codes much match. So if you put the original ECU back in, the other components will not match and it will not work.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin, during the track testing was there any oil pressure loss observed with the generation 3 engine?

I presume you're speaking of the oiling issue on the 2.0 TSI found in the MK6. We didn't have those problems, but this also isn't a track filled with elevation changes.

blackcat1

Banned
I see Arin. Thanks for the patience!

One final question, is it possible at all to buy the flashing hardware specific to flash MQB Golf GTI Stage 1 from APR even not being a dealer? So I can flash my own car back and forth?

You can only have one ECU. When the ECU gets coded to the car, other components also get coded. Those codes much match. So if you put the original ECU back in, the other components will not match and it will not work.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
c'mon Arin why is the tune not available for ROW?! why always such discrimination by APR! like if waterfest exclusive release wasn't enough! we got our cars first at the other side of the world so logically speaking ROW-tune should've been available first :)