GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
(Last night) Installed my IE IC. Went smoother than I expected. Fought with those upper IC clips for awhile then said F-it and broke them off (already had spares on hand).

Definitely should have done an IC way sooner than I did, I can feel the difference across the entire power band.

Besides the upper IC clips being incredibly stubborn, not sure why people are so intimidated by this install. Did this by myself, it’s not hard at all. I found APR’s install process to be very good. My advice going forward for anyone looking to do an IC install, buy spare IC clips, bag and annotate all your hardware, and just take your time. It’s honestly not bad at all. [emoji482]

Thanks for the tips! That is great to hear as I'm going to tackle myself as well. I'm not going to install just yet but will go ahead and order the clips.

BigJW

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you post a pic of where exactly you put the polyfil? This sounds like a great thing to do!

Put 4.3 oz of Polyfil into my Fender subwoofer enclosure. Makes a big difference with bass response. Much tighter and deeper... That's what she said..

Also fixed the sunroof shade to elimate the annoying gap and stop it from sliding back when I drive.

Yes that's a felt furniture pad and I cut the rubber "bump stop" using a scalpel

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Installed a MAPerformance intake and cts turbo inlet pipe. Def more sounds than the stock air box.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Can you post a pic of where exactly you put the polyfil? This sounds like a great thing to do!
Its fairly self evident when you go to do it. Remove the 4 torx screws holding down the speaker cover and take the cover and speaker out - be careful with the wires. Then you'll see the enclosure is sort of donut shaped. Stuff the Polyfil in there. I used a fork to push it into the back recesses to try and spread the material evenly. Then put the speaker back and screw the cover back on.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I raised the center rearview mirror!

Of course now I need to make a cover for the rain and light sensors, they still work without the giant cover/mirror mount. Now the mirror is out of my line of sight!

I am gonna come up with something better to cover the sensor thing with. Right now I am just stoked I do not need to duck under the mirror to see to the right at intersections.

Did you crack the windshield while doing this or was it there already?

Ilibbs

Installed a JB4+BT Dongle. First tune mod on the car. I’m a complete amateur when in comes to car work, but the install went pretty well!
Didn’t have time to take it out and drive it properly, but made quite a few loops on the nearby on/off ramps... butt dyno approved!

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Doesn't it though? Everyone should do this. A few bucks and 5 mins tops.

You guys are talking about this stuff right? Man, I’ve thrown so much of it away! Want to give it a try.

Renck

Ready to race!
Any verdict on handling or ride quality sacrifices?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Something around 10 to 15 % stiffer than stock. Only springs were replaced as car has 14.3K miles on it. It feels more planted to the ground, I was able to take few curves at decent speed and I really like it how it behaves. I need more time to be able to tell more. But, so far so good.