GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Baby Driver

The fuck are you doing!!!!! I took the Nogaro's off at 500 miles because I didn't want to damage them. Do you know how rare they are in NA????!!!!

Hahahah just giving you a hard time man. That totally sucks, but not the end of the world. I would recommend getting some high quality light weight rims wrapped in some good rubber instead of spending money to fix it.

Nah, the Nogaros are one of the reasons I bought the Sport instead of waiting for the 2018's. If Durbans were an available wheel choice for the GTI I would have picked them, but I like the Nogaros better than any other GTI wheel available for the past 20 years or so.

If I end up messing up a wheel bad enough to need a replacement, I'll look into upgrading. Until then, I'm real happy with the Nogaros.

BigJW

Passed Driver's Ed
I raised the center rearview mirror!

Of course now I need to make a cover for the rain and light sensors, they still work without the giant cover/mirror mount. Now the mirror is out of my line of sight!

Gunter der Golf GTI by John Ashfield, on Flickr

I am gonna come up with something better to cover the sensor thing with. Right now I am just stoked I do not need to duck under the mirror to see to the right at intersections.

Last edited:

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Put 4.3 oz of Polyfil into my Fender subwoofer enclosure. Makes a big difference with bass response. Much tighter and deeper... That's what she said..

Also fixed the sunroof shade to elimate the annoying gap and stop it from sliding back when I drive.

Yes that's a felt furniture pad and I cut the rubber "bump stop" using a scalpel

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!

(Last night) Installed my IE IC. Went smoother than I expected. Fought with those upper IC clips for awhile then said F-it and broke them off (already had spares on hand).

Definitely should have done an IC way sooner than I did, I can feel the difference across the entire power band.

Besides the upper IC clips being incredibly stubborn, not sure why people are so intimidated by this install. Did this by myself, it’s not hard at all. I found APR’s install process to be very good. My advice going forward for anyone looking to do an IC install, buy spare IC clips, bag and annotate all your hardware, and just take your time. It’s honestly not bad at all. [emoji482]

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Doesn't it though? Everyone should do this. A few bucks and 5 mins tops.
Yup. Totally worth it. I found a 30 oz bag of Polyfil that the wife had bought for something else and I remembered your post! Thanks! Now I'm thinking of stuffing some into a bunch of other speakers around the house.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I raised the center rearview mirror!

Of course now I need to make a cover for the rain and light sensors, they still work though. Now the mirror is out of my line of sight!

I am gonna come up with something better to cover the sensor thing with. Right now I am just stoked I do not need to duck under the mirror to see to the right at intersections.
That's a great idea!! I was to the duck technique lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
That's because you cheated :D Fight with them for an hour then see how you feel about the install.

Agreed, the install process definitely would have been much more frustrating if I had to re-use those clips.

I feel it should be considered a necessity to purchase those clips when ordering an IC, just for the sake of the time it saves, and makes the entire process so much easier.

Sincerest props to those that have removed/reused those clips without breaking them. [emoji482]

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Where'd you order those from? Or even a part number lo. Wanting a set of those or the Clupsport S ones for my brake upgrade!

e-Acca

5G0698221C for the silver R version

5G0698221B for the Clubsport S version

Last edited:

codypka

Go Kart Champion
I knocked out my first "mods" on my new car this weekend. Mostly just cosmetic stuff. I'm fighting the urge to do anything that will void my warranty. Ignore the dirty car, it's still not warm enough here in NJ to give it a proper wash. I refuse to go to any automatic carwashes

1. Drop in K&N filter. I attempted to remove the "snow guard". but for the life of me couldn't get the damned thing out. ANy tips?

2. Front and rear badge inlays. I'm probably the only person in NJ rocking Maryland flag badge inlays. But I grew up in MD, and I'm a huge Orioles and Ravens fan, so I like that I
can show pride for my home state and teams and make my car stand out a bit

3. Weathertech window deflectors

4. Leyo Motorsports DSG paddles. These guys rock, they look fantastic!

5. Got a little metal piece off ebay that covers the awful seatbelt warning lights. Great way to spend 8 bucks

I also tinted the fog lights yellow using Lamin-X stickers. I'm not really sure if I like the look or not. I might take these off

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Finally got around to installing the euro 7.5 LED's. I haven't done the coding yet but for now they look pretty good.

JD-1

Ready to race!
Installed USP Motorsports trunk led bulb

Attachments

• led-trunk.jpg
    led-trunk.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 650