GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Oh I took it real easy. Only 5 minutes from home and 45mph max speed limit.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Got around to installing the "Dynablinks" from the group buy. Happy with how it turned out.

SendyMk7

Wow this looks great, I've been wanting to do this to my car but didn't want to go the bumper plug route. Can you give more details as to your process? How'd you make everything flush? Close up how noticeable is it?

I used a razor blade to shave down the excess material around the holes from when the screws holding on the plate frame were removed. Then I used water putty (which is similar to bondo) to fill the holes. I already had some touch up paint from vw which I was using to cover a small chip in the front quarter panel, so I just went over the water putty with that, avoiding getting any around the holes to make it as flush as possible. It isn’t noticeable at all from 7+ feet away; any closer than that and you’d have to be looking to notice. Very happy with the end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lokerola

Ready to race!
Finally installed my VWR springs and H&R flushkit. It took around 5hrs with my father in law helping. Learned a lot about cars today, and had a lot of fun.

Great results so far, no noises, ride feels 10% stiffer over stock.

Looking good!

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Just threw on a set of spacers 15mm & 20mm from Venum Wheel Accessories along with some extended bolts and took her out for a test drive. So far so good. No vibrations and the wheel bolts stayed torqued. I'll check again in a couple hundred miles but, I don't expect any issues. These things seem like a great deal for the price.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I did a MarvelMystery oil piston soak overnight and then after it burned off I changed my oil. Liqui moly every time. Put that on top of the walnut blasting from last weekend and the car feels brand new.

Also threw my modified stock passenger-side engine mount back in. Filled every gap in with poly.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I was too scared to try those wheels based on how cheap them were. I already give myself a heart attack when I hit pot holes now that I'm gonna have a blow out

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I've hit a couple, no problems yet. NC roads aren't too bad though, not much snow and ice to break roads.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Installed my fluidampr today and installed my cmgs progressive meth controller.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Pikkagtr

Ready to race!
Got around to installing these CF covers
Almost had a mini heart attack as I didn't want to break off those damn tabs
PITA but well worth it

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Spent 8 hours today knocking out wash/clay/polish/glaze/seal. Will throw on a coat of wax after work tomorrow. I’m going to let the sealant set for 24 hours.

That grey tho...