GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I have to try this....I've been having issues with back windows down and the booming drone?

or whatever you call it when it makes loud noise with wind (No, NOT farts)
It actually does work. If you have a sunroof that pivots/tilts open in the back, not sure if MK7 does, that works even better. Air is sucked in the rear right and swirls around your head before going out the roof. It's the most air flow for the driver with the least noise at highway speed.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

EmollientFoil

Got some new wheels...just under 20 lbs a piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Put an ethanol sensor on it.
Current tank reading E 30-31.
Let me know when you're ready to sell that used :)

cb1111

I have to try this....I've been having issues with back windows down and the booming drone?

or whatever you call it when it makes loud noise with wind (No, NOT farts)

My kids call it the helicopter noise.. Drives me nuts when the rear and front windows aren’t at the same level.

It actually does work. If you have a sunroof that pivots/tilts open in the back, not sure if MK7 does, that works even better. Air is sucked in the rear right and swirls around your head before going out the roof. It's the most air flow for the driver with the least noise at highway speed.

It is actually called Helmholtz resonance and has gotten worse as cars get more aerodynamic.

Here is an article if you're really interested in how/why this happens.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Added a red GTI Performance Pack badge. I figured it was fitting since the Canadian 2018 models all come with the added HP and LSD but only come with the chrome GTI badge.

Attachments

• img20180303_170444.jpg
    img20180303_170444.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 634
  • img20180303_170316.jpg
    img20180303_170316.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 615

Funtuzzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Added 4oz polyfill to the sub. Sounds tighter to me?

Never heard of anyone mentioning this? What is the procedure?

I'm really impressed with the stock sounding stereo, and bass.....mind you, I don't crank it like I used to in my younger days!

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
Added a red GTI Performance Pack badge. I figured it was fitting since the Canadian 2018 models all come with the added HP and LSD but only come with the chrome GTI badge.

Looks like it should. Looks great. Is that her new blue gray color replaced CSG with this year?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Never heard of anyone mentioning this? What is the procedure?

I'm really impressed with the stock sounding stereo, and bass.....mind you, I don't crank it like I used to in my younger days!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...woofer-to-improve-sound&p=91746705&viewfull=1

Dont need to pull it out of trunk nor unhook. 4torx screws (t15 i think) and pull out woofer. Stuff in 1/3 of bag using something like half a ruler or so to get back in there. put woofer back in and screw down. 5 mins tops.

Joel

Ready to race!
Let me know when you're ready to sell that used :)

God forbid a wreck...
Your first in line.

Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby...

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Put some OZ Alleggerita's on my car, I love them!
Specs are 18x8, 18lbs/wheel

Last edited: