GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

Ndola19

THANK YOU

Very interesting how all of my mods and photos from the first post have now spread across multiple websites, and photos have been lifted from my Flickr account :(

Don't mind people using them, but come on, at least give credit to the source of the info - it's only good manners :p

Here's the original thread I started over at the Golf GTi Forum

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.0

A big great THANK YOU.
Looking at auto rain-closing on my windows and sunroof and this has helped me decide to go for the VCDS cable.
Hopefully it'll work once I order and get my cable.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
I have the OEM folding mirrors installed on the wagon - not from the factory but retrofitted. Currently, the way the car is coded is to display the option for auto folding upon locking doors via the MIBII infotainment screen. In addition to this, the driver's door switch does the same.

My question is the following:
Is there a way to keep above auto fold setting option via MIBII + enable the keyfob to fold away the mirrors on demand by depressing the lock button for a couple of seconds?

The only VCDS coding options I am aware of are either MIBII auto fold option OR the keyfob method. I'm not sure about having both??
Just code them to fold when locking the car. Doesn't matter how you lock it.

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
As always Don comes to the rescue. Code 11966 did it for me. I was able to deactivate hydraulic brake assist and i haven't had much seat time yet but it seems to reduce this drastic increase in brake pressure.

Do know that there's NO decrease in brake performance at all!! if anything is not that easy to differentiate but i do notice the effect happens less often. Could be i was wearing flip flops while testing this(safe non public, deserted road) so my braking wasn't as direct.

Leads me to wonder if there's more than one part to this emergency panic aid. I wonder what Overboost in brake system does??
Thanks once more Don for your support!

Just did this brake assist change. Love it. So much more brake control. Does it affect automated brake assist / collision avoidance?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Any way to get mirrors to unfold on remote unlock rather than ignition?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I just used this coding earlier today.

42 Drivers Door:
Byte 1, Bit 0
Byte 4, Bit 4 and 6

52 Passanger Door:
Byte 1, Bit 0
Byte 4, Bit 4 and 6

09 BCM:
Adaption:

Channel:
- To:
What it does:

(23)-Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappen
- not active (from)
- active (to)
Enables using the remote to fold the mirrors

(24)-Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus
- by convenience operation via remote control key (from)
- by look command via remote control key (to)
Changes from folding by holding the lock button down (like closing windows via key) to fold on lock

(26)-Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Funk Spiegel anklappen
- not active (from)
- active (to)
Enables menu to enable or disable folding on lock within the infotainment settings

Thanks to "lijetta18t" for summarizing this coding!

Last edited:

don16

Ready to race!
I just used this coding earlier today.

42 Drivers Door:
Byte 1, Bit 0
Byte 4, Bit 4 and 6

52 Passanger Door:
Byte 1, Bit 0
Byte 4, Bit 4 and 6

09 BCM:
Adaption:

Channel:
- To:
What it does:

(23)-Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappen
- not active (from)
- active (to)
Enables using the remote to fold the mirrors

(24)-Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus
- by convenience operation via remote control key (from)
- by look command via remote control key (to)
Changes from folding by holding the lock button down (like closing windows via key) to fold on lock

(26)-Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Funk Spiegel anklappen
- not active (from)
- active (to)
Enables menu to enable or disable folding on lock within the infotainment settings

Thanks to "lijetta18t" for summarizing this coding!
They already fold on lock. It was unfold on unlock I was after instead of unfold on ignition.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
They already fold on lock. It was unfold on unlock I was after instead of unfold on ignition.

I haven't read your other post(s). I used the coding that I posted on my NAR 16 GTI. The mirrors fold/unfold when locked/unlocked. This works either with the remote or via KESSY.

btscott

Passed Driver's Ed
Lane Assist, Side Assist and ACC

I have a 15 GTI Autobahn with all features including DAP. I was searching around VCDS and found the ability to add these features. Does anyone know if they would work or is it just preparation for 16 models? Tried searching the web, but found no mention of this on a 15 MK7 with DAP.

cooloregon

Daniel: here's my version of the instructions of the coding for the DAP harness (it's specifically intended for OBD11, but it's easily translated into VCDS speak).

Don

So, it looks as if the outer controls the tail and brake functions and the inner controls the amber turn functions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
So, it looks as if the outer controls the tail and brake functions and the inner controls the amber turn functions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

hmmm..... I don't believe so. Rather, my table suggests that the outer and inner tails on either side are operated in parallel (this is probably the job of the cross wiring loom. The old "inner" wire is then used to operate the second "inner" turn signal (which wasn't present in the incandescent fittings)- I think

Don

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I have a 15 GTI Autobahn with all features including DAP. I was searching around VCDS and found the ability to add these features. Does anyone know if they would work or is it just preparation for 16 models? Tried searching the web, but found no mention of this on a 15 MK7 with DAP.

It was optional on 2015's, so either you have it or you don't.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I got some aftermarket Headlights with cornering lights in the headlight housing, how do I enable them in VCDS?

you start with the code-string on the BCM - like below:

then you look at the BCM adaptations for these:
IDE03638-IDE04231-static AFS light-Steering wheel angle; offset
IDE03638-ENG116677-static AFS light-Abdimmgeschwindigkeit
IDE03638-ENG116673-static AFS light-bei Rueckwaertsfahrt
IDE03638-ENG116682-static AFS light-Maximaltemperatur
IDE03638-ENG116676-static AFS light-Obere Geschwindigkeitsschwelle
IDE03638-ENG116679-static AFS light-obere Grenztemperatur
IDE03638-ENG116681-static AFS light-Oberer Lenkradwinkel
IDE03638-ENG116675-static AFS light-Untere Geschwindigkeitsschwelle
IDE03638-ENG116680-static AFS light-untere Grenztemperatur
IDE03638-ENG116678-static AFS light-Unterer Lenkradwinkel
IDE03638-ENG116674-static AFS light-Vorschrift

Don

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
you start with the code-string on the BCM - like below:

then you look at the BCM adaptations for these:
IDE03638-IDE04231-static AFS light-Steering wheel angle; offset
IDE03638-ENG116677-static AFS light-Abdimmgeschwindigkeit
IDE03638-ENG116673-static AFS light-bei Rueckwaertsfahrt
IDE03638-ENG116682-static AFS light-Maximaltemperatur
IDE03638-ENG116676-static AFS light-Obere Geschwindigkeitsschwelle
IDE03638-ENG116679-static AFS light-obere Grenztemperatur
IDE03638-ENG116681-static AFS light-Oberer Lenkradwinkel
IDE03638-ENG116675-static AFS light-Untere Geschwindigkeitsschwelle
IDE03638-ENG116680-static AFS light-untere Grenztemperatur
IDE03638-ENG116678-static AFS light-Unterer Lenkradwinkel
IDE03638-ENG116674-static AFS light-Vorschrift

Don

Huh? Someone finally figured out how to enable the cornering lights in replica headlights?! I tried to figure this out for months a while back.

Can you explain what you're saying here? Are you saying you fill in the code string on the BCM with the values set on those adaptions, in that order? Or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xanthalan

Huh? Someone finally figured out how to enable the cornering lights in replica headlights?! I tried to figure this out for months a while back.

Can you explain what you're saying here? Are you saying you fill in the code string on the BCM with the values set on those adaptions, in that order? Or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that is the case. The replica headlights, as I understand, don't have an exposed pin to turn on the cornering lights. They are hard wired into some logic for highbeam + turn signal. These are probably the settings for the OEM housing.