GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Schroth Racing Quick Fit Pro Installation

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I was planning to write an installation guide and review; however, I ran into an issue preventing me from continuing the install.

The factory installed bolt on my 2015 Golf R is different from prior generations.

Planning to contact the North American distributor tomorrow about a solution. I guess I could always bore out the adapter...

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
I was planning to write an installation guide and review; however, I ran into an issue preventing me from continuing the install.

The factory installed bolt on my 2015 Golf R is different from prior generations.

Planning to contact the North American distributor tomorrow about a solution. I guess I could always bore out the adapter...

That ain't good. :(
Myself would turn down the fastener instead.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
If i was turning down the fastener, I would make a small ring to press into the original harness plastic pivot so it fits the turned down fastener.

Thanks for the part no.
That's an excellent idea, however, I don't have the equipment or skills to do this as a DIY.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Update:

Received an email from HMS Performance, USA headquarters for Schroth Racing, and they informed that the QuickFit will not install on our platform due to the issue I ran into.

stuman

This bums me out. I was hoping to run this harness for Auto X next year. Hopefully Schroth will make a correctly sized adaptor.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
This bums me out. I was hoping to run this harness for Auto X next year. Hopefully Schroth will make a correctly sized adaptor.
Same here...

Doesn't sound like it; they insinuated that costs(regulations) to certify the harnesses are too costly.