GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Schroth Racing Quick Fit Pro Installation

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
wow if 1 mm weakens it to not be DOT then they left no tolerance if the metal isn't up to spec. have the shop spin a mm off the bolt

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
wow if 1 mm weakens it to not be DOT then they left no tolerance if the metal isn't up to spec. have the shop spin a mm off the bolt

Keep in mind that the Quick Fit was designed for the Mk. 5 and 6 platforms so the adapter fits perfectly on the 5/6.

I assumed that our Mk. 7 would work too but didn't realize that a whole new seat belt anchor point was designed for the Mk7.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion

I doubt that the 1mm would weaken it to that point, but Shroth doesn't want to take any responsibility for someone else modifying their product without being tested.

Safety belts is not something you want to mess with. Remember Dale Earnhardt?

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I doubt that the 1mm would weaken it to that point, but Shroth doesn't want to take any responsibility for someone else modifying their product without being tested.

Safety belts is not something you want to mess with. Remember Dale Earnhardt?
Agreed; In addition, I have to think about my life insurance coverage. I need to make sure the wife and kids get the coverage.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

AllanM

I would not modify the shroth part. If the thread on the special vw bolt is 7/16" I would get a stock seat belt bolt and a a ring that fit in the original harness pivot.

Like these from a Schroth rally3 kit.

I am looking into fitting the Rally 3 instead.

Allan

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I would not modify the shroth part. If the thread on the special vw bolt is 7/16" I would get a stock seat belt bolt and a a ring that fit in the original harness pivot.

Like these from a Schroth rally3 kit.

I am looking into fitting the Rally 3 instead.

Allan

I'd be interested to hear about how the Rally 3 works for you. Keep us updated.