GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Firestone Indy 500 tire.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I received a wheels and tire catalog from Tirerack (thanks for the old school print form of info). In it they show a new Firestone Ultra High Performance Summer tire. I know Firestone is not a tier 1 tire brand and often have older Bridgestone technology, but this tire looks like a new ground up design.
I wonder if any one has looked at it or purchased?
I have not looked up cost, but if interested take a look. (I checked $97 each). Offer $60 back for a set.
Might be a lower cost tire with good performance.
I like the pattern design.

Tirerack, if you need someone to test, I am willing.
It would be interesting to see how they do compared to my RE-11.

Edit: Tire pics from Internet. FYI.

IMG_2569.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Ive known Firestone tires as a kid, but my friends only realized they existed when Andrew Firestone became the Bachelor several years ago and their girlfriends confirmed what I was saying about the brand lol.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
I'm running them and they have excellent response, steering is very good, they are about as noisy as you would expect a performance tire to be, they look great. Lateral grip is very good but not quite what a PSS would offer. I would expect decent life out of them because they are using a somewhat hard compound for the category. For a daily driver so far I like them in this price category.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I'm running them and they have excellent response, steering is very good, they are about as noisy as you would expect a performance tire to be, they look great. Lateral grip is very good but not quite what a PSS would offer. I would expect decent life out of them because they are using a somewhat hard compound for the category. For a daily driver so far I like them in this price category.

Thanks for info.
Any tire wheel pics?
I know being black it does not show much
but some might want to see on the car.

DjVoic3

Passed Driver's Ed
These are on my car and have been a good tire so far. I haven't been able to push the tires at its limit in the track but I can tell you its a very good street tire since it has never squealed on me yet. Slightly louder road noise but you would expect that because of the aggressive tread pattern. Steering input is pretty sharp and direct which gives it a pretty quick response in directional changes. Sidewall flex is pretty firm yet still maintains a decent ride comfort. If you do further research on the tire, you would find out that these are actually the same tire as the Bridgestone RE003 Adrenalins and are the direct replacement of the RE760s which has been discontinued. I'd say it's a great value since I got my set for under $700 CAD. hope this review helps.

gpomp

I just put a set on my 16 GTI about a month ago. My car came with all season tires so these are a big leap forward. I still have some issues with straight line traction in 1st and 2nd gear but again, way better than the factory tires. I don't notice any difference in noise or ride quality either which is good. I'm pretty happy with the tires for the price. Obviously there are better tires out there (PSS) but I think these are great bang for the buck.

skian

Ready to race!
I just got these installed this morning. It's amazing the world of difference from the AS tires. The car is glued to the road with no noticeable decrease in ride comfort or noise. This is probably the best performance per $ tire.

JMoody

Ready to race!
Have had these for a week now. Got an amazing deal at $346 installed!!!! Absolutely unbeatable for price vs. performance.