GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DG (Driver Gear) springs installed

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
This is what the car should have looked like from the factory!

Will report on driving impressions after alignment.

This is what it looked like before:

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
Looks much better for height. Spacers will help the overall look.
Does your car have DCC?
Looking forward to your take on how it feels and drives.

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
I have them on my Golf and my friend doesn't, you can really tell the difference in the wheel gap, just looks like it should have come this way from factory

marcg611

Ready to race!
100% agree! Looks great! Can you please post the spec sheet? id like to know the load carrying spec of those springs(1050/950kg?) I assume you used the NA market "E" spec?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
100% agree! Looks great! Can you please post the spec sheet? id like to know the load carrying spec of those springs(1050/950kg?) I assume you used the NA market "E" spec?

Yes it was the E spec springs from DAP. 5G4-071-677-E. Where can I find the load carrying specs?

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
Here's what I found on the *other* site:

4dr fr 1050 rr 950: 5G4 071 677 E NUR FUR MARKT NA

So it looks like it's the North America specific lowering spring with higher spring rates.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I have these springs on my car since early November 2015. I'm happy with the the lowering height and with the fact that they maintain my factory warranty. I'd like them to be a tad lower overall, but it's a good upgrade for the money. Especially at the price I got them for from vwpartsnation.com who at the time had them for around $210. After my 10% VW accessories rebate they were about $200 shipped.

I do think they're a bit more "springy" than I'd like. I'm not sure how else to express what I feel. I've never had any car with non-factory suspension so I have nothing to compare it to.

marcg611

Ready to race!
Here's what I found on the *other* site:

4dr fr 1050 rr 950: 5G4 071 677 E NUR FUR MARKT NA

So it looks like it's the North America specific lowering spring with higher spring rates.
Is this a quote from another forum? Do you have a link to legit site with this? Multiple quotes on the forums referencing the weights are conflicting and have typos.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
These really do look nice.
I have to remind myself that I now live in a location with good roads, and that it'd be ok to do this.
The price of the springs are a steal, I just need to find a place that'd do them.