GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2016 Golf TSI 1.8T (base) Stock Dyno Results

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Just picked up a new daily driver last week, first German car every, and for the money, WOW is all I can say. Of course, being the nerd I am, I have to see what this thing puts down stock before I load the APR Stage 1 tune.

Specs:
2016 Golf S 1.8 TSI
6 Speed Auto
93 octane

VW definitely underrates these things from the factory with their 170hp and 200tq output.

Should make quite the sleeper once tuned!

Slick99

Ready to race!
interesting numbers, i have seen few A3 1.8tfsi (180hp) stock dyno graph showing more than 180hp. These engine are underrated and easily goes above 190-195whp with dp and 220-230whp with tune/piggyback

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
I have already replied on the other forum. I personally do not know what the changes are, but torque ratings were increased in 2016 for the autos, and the manual models were kept at the 184 rating.

OP, I'm still interested in hearing what changes you feel were made between the '15 and '16's as you stated on the other forum...

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
I've always thought our 1.8's were stronger than they were letting on...I figure with the jb1 and 93 octane be doing at least stock GTI numbers fairly easy (based on those stock #'s + an average 35 whp) and even PP #'s with some mods, that's not too shabby at all...

...OP, I bought pretty much the exact same TSI, does make for a choice sleeper I think as well [emoji6] thanks for the post and info...

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I've always thought our 1.8's were stronger than they were letting on...I figure with the jb1 and 93 octane be doing at least stock GTI numbers fairly easy (based on those stock #'s + an average 35 whp) and even PP #'s with some mods, that's not too shabby at all...

...OP, I bought pretty much the exact same TSI, does make for a choice sleeper I think as well [emoji6] thanks for the post and info...
I think you lost sleeper status when you changed to a center exit exhaust. But a nice look all the same!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
I think you lost sleeper status when you changed to a center exit exhaust. But a nice look all the same!

I believe you're right [emoji106] was referring more to the OP's, but even w/ that center exhaust I think most see Golf and think, [emoji42] lol

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
I believe you're right [emoji106] was referring more to the OP's, but even w/ that center exhaust I think most see Golf and think, [emoji42] lol
Lol true! Guess I'd better hurry up and convince the wife I need a JB1 so I don't get beat up on by a regular Golf. :D Or heaven forbid, a Honda.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
OK, I don't care about losing sleeper status. I need that center exhaust in my life now...:) Also, what springs are you running?