GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

App Connect/ Car Play (UK only)

Kash-Jnr

After a lot of going backwards and forward between my local dealership, finally have some answers in regards to getting App Connect sorted on my GTI MIB2.

With the help of VW customer service the dealership left me a message saying that they were given the part number and the parts were on order and the retrofit price would be £200?! Does this sound reasonable???

Joey_Slime

Passed Driver's Ed
Wait a minute here . . . So you're getting the app connect from the '16 models in your '15 GTI? And it's about $300 installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey_Slime

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh I see. That seems steep to me. I mean if you already have the mib2 I thought the glove and the software already supports it. But it is a cool feature I guess it just matters how much it's worth to you?

Kash-Jnr

Oh I see. That seems steep to me. I mean if you already have the mib2 I thought the glove and the software already supports it. But it is a cool feature I guess it just matters how much it's worth to you?

Just think it's a bit of a joke for a software upgrade, £200?!

Starshaped

Ready to race!
That is the retail price on the item so if they are installing it for free then thats a fair deal from the dealer,the only people making the money is Volkswagen themselves charging £200 for a bit of paper.

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been asking my dealer about adding this and they keep saying it can't be done. Thursday being the last conversation where they confirmed again it's in the pipeline but not ready yet. I hope you don't mind but I have emailed them a screen shot of your conversation. Hopefully I will get something sorted soon.

It will be interesting what they want to charge me!
Kev

Starshaped

Ready to race!
If you have mib2 and when you click on app connect it says see dealer for code,the part number is 5G0054830A for the activation document which as stated is basically a dvd box with a code on a bit of paper,it retails for £200 inc vat for the part. Your dealer can then input it using their machines,they may charge labour for doing it but tops i would say £220 all in.

Kash-Jnr

I've been asking my dealer about adding this and they keep saying it can't be done. Thursday being the last conversation where they confirmed again it's in the pipeline but not ready yet. I hope you don't mind but I have emailed them a screen shot of your conversation. Hopefully I will get something sorted soon.

It will be interesting what they want to charge me!
Kev

Sure Kev, that's no problem. I think it's a shambles on how it's possible to get it from the factory but for a retrofit it's unheard of. You are better off going into the dealership and showing them.

If you have mib2 and when you click on app connect it says see dealer for code,the part number is 5G0054830A for the activation document which as stated is basically a dvd box with a code on a bit of paper,it retails for £200 inc vat for the part. Your dealer can then input it using their machines,they may charge labour for doing it but tops i would say £220 all in.

Seems okay then for £200...

Kevmoz

Passed Driver's Ed
I rang my dealer again today and asked again. Said that it couldn't be done yet, so I quoted the part number above. New response, not sure this will work with your car! Really? Seams they don't want me to have it. Parts manager is going to look in to it and call me back.

It's most likely because I've only just bought the car (within the dealer network but new) and had planned on having this as a factory order for March delivery with App connect which the salesman knew about. I think they are worried I'm going to ask them to pay for it.

Kash-Jnr

I rang my dealer again today and asked again. Said that it couldn't be done yet, so I quoted the part number above. New response, not sure this will work with your car! Really? Seams they don't want me to have it. Parts manager is going to look in to it and call me back.

It's most likely because I've only just bought the car (within the dealer network but new) and had planned on having this as a factory order for March delivery with App connect which the salesman knew about. I think they are worried I'm going to ask them to pay for it.

You should hopefully get it sorted!

Not heard anything back from my dealer yet, will tweet VW to see what the issue with lead times are. Ordering parts with BMW, they come next day. VW are a bit of a joke tbh.

Keep us updated anyway.