GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what annoys you about your mk7!

svammen

I understood that the base model (VW) was supplied cheaper to Denmark because the tax on a new car was extraordinarily high?

The VW Golf 7 1,2 TSI BMT (85hp) 5gear manual.. With the "Startline" equipment..
Startline, is the absolute base model, without that much factory equipment..

Start price of that is 209.988 DDK = 23.800 GBP = € 28.200
And that is without any extra equipment of any kind..
In my opinion a car that I would NOT buy..!! - waste of money in my ears..

Ivarhoe

"Individual" mode does not allow coasting with the Dsg box. Eco setting on engine does not influence coasting mode. To have Coasting you have to use Eco profile. Its not possible to combine sport steering and coasting which I would have liked.

daveb666

Anyone know if you can use the key to open the windows? My mk5 and mk6 golf could.

Can't seem to figure it out on this one and no mention of it in the manual.

marvin1

Ready to race!
Anyone know if you can use the key to open the windows? My mk5 and mk6 golf could.

Doesn't this have to be set using VagCom. My GolfMK5 could close the sunroof by holding the shut button on key fob but not on my current one. I suspect that Vagcom adjustments would rectify this but I can't be bothered now.

iPope

Passed Driver's Ed

Yes you can - hold down the unlock button to open, or hold down lock to close.

On the Info unit, select Car->Setup->Opening & Closing I think it is called and it is that menu, with the option to choose which windows, or all, to enable or disable.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
After setting up I couldn't get mine to work but found I wasn't holding down the lock/unlock keyfob button for long enough for it to transmit properly.

marvin1

Ready to race!
After setting up I couldn't get mine to work but found I wasn't holding down the lock/unlock keyfob button for long enough for it to transmit properly.

Does not holding down the button for long-ish periods of time eat through the button cell's battery life?

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
You should only need to hold it for about two seconds and to be honest with our weather the way it is your hardly likely to have the windows open anyway :)

vwman

Go Kart Champion
We are only talking 2/3 seconds here.

My last battery lasted just under 3 years not that i was constantly using this facility on the Mk6.

Bod

The interior lighting is a bit bonkers at night. Every switch is back lit and adjusting those down in level also reduces the main instruments. They should be capable of being adjusted separately. The door level lighting and footwell lighting are adjustable (off on my car). It would be good to have a "Saab" option to just have speedo and rev counter lit for night time driving on dark motorways.

marvin1

Ready to race!
The interior lighting is a bit bonkers at night. Every switch is back lit and adjusting those down in level also reduces the main instruments. They should be capable of being adjusted separately. The door level lighting and footwell lighting are adjustable (off on my car). It would be good to have a "Saab" option to just have speedo and rev counter lit for night time driving on dark motorways.

I find that my audio head unit is by far the more distracting thing at night at that cannot be turned off. If I were to do a lot of long distance night driving I would put a piece of carboard over the display to remove the distracting blue light - bugger a few switches!

Hughmungus

OS wiper blade

The off side wiper blade leaves a patch of water left behind by the near side blade on it's down stroke as it's right in your eye line. Will have a look tomorrow see if a twist of the blade arm is needed to square the blade up to the screen.

Joloke

Haven't got my 7 yet but both myself and my partner thought the rear armrest spoils the interior :(

The Cup holder looks like it came from Poundland!!! :p

Think it should have a padded lid as the armrest is now not much use as an armrest if you so wish to use it for that purpose its not very comfortable resting your arm on cup holders :rolleyes:

Cheap and Tacky VW big Thumbs Down :mad:

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Haven't got my 7 yet but both myself and my partner thought the rear armrest spoils the interior :(

The Cup holder looks like it came from Poundland!!! :p

Think it should have a padded lid as the armrest is now not much use as an armrest if you so wish to use it for that purpose its not very comfortable resting your arm on cup holders :rolleyes:

Cheap and Tacky VW big Thumbs Down :mad:

Hadn't really noticed as passengers in the back don't use the armrest ( probably don't realise its there)
I checked to make sure it 'worked' on picking the car up.

Now looking at it I see what you mean.
Much rather they left out the cupholder and made it a padded all over armrest.