GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The truth about the cost of my GTI modifications

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
Personally I'd suggest a more scripted format, it would cut down on the "extra" talking that adds needless length to the videos.
I agree. His vids would top so many others by just being a bit more concise. Love the contributions though and that new camera is leaps and bounds better.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
You two chodes are the reason the ignore list was created.
This is the kind of post that always has me looking for a "like" button. Volks, you should try and relax a bit. It's Thanksgiving - take it down a notch or three and give back instead of acting that way. In other words, grow up.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
If people want to rage let them rage, if you step into it expect to get covered in shit, it's the internet FFS. This has been happening on forums since forever. Maybe ignoring instead of attacking is the way to go? Just throwing it out there. I love attacking people however, but that's just me.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I don't get the hate on OPs video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Ya, that volk snowflake got real butthurt for whatever reason. Continued pming me about moms, his mom dieing, Oedipus complex....chode to the max lol are they the same guy?

Dude you replied to me asking me out on a date?
See below:
TheGreekFreak said:
Wanna go out on a date? I'll be your mommy for the night.

Snowflake. So played out. Oh and you don't even understand oedipus. Told you before don't use big words if you don't understand their meaning.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
[emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
There is always some douche bag who thinks it's Ok to piss on people's corn flakes...

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I like the OP.
Seems like a nice guy - I like that he makes these reasonable and rational videos.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

I think the video was worth the watch, but perhaps could have a hair shorter. General guidelines when I started my YouTube channels suggested that most viewers have short attention spans and would not watch more than five minutes of video (high-quality productions being an obvious exception). I'm detail-oriented, so making a five-minute video is difficult (jamming all I have to say into just five minutes, I mean). I think today's videos are tolerable for about 10 minutes, but they have to be good when they exceed five minutes. Making quality videos is A LOT of work. Since I prefer writing over videography, I've decided to lean more toward my written website than my YouTube channels. I don't have the heart or time to make my videos as interesting or professional as I'd want them to be. So props to anyone who does!

Most YouTubers are not getting rich. It's more a labor of love, a hobby, or "look at me" (some channels). I have a few decent bicycling-related videos that get good feedback. But I don't pump out the regular releases needed to keep a channel thriving, relevant, and/or making money. I started working on a TDI channel, but it lost steam when I decided to switch to a GTI. All of my channels combined earn around $100 per year. So I'm certainly not in it for the money. HAHA!

As for recording in the car, I've found that the driver's seat is actually a very good recording studio. There are so many distractions when recording outside. Examples include neighborhood kids playing/yelling, dogs barking, airplanes flying by, that annoying bird that just won't go away... all things that mess up the soundstage. :p Looks like the OP found a secluded place for this video. It can be a challenge. The car's cabin is insulated pretty well, so it's a great place to record dialog or voiceovers, especially if you have kids, pets, or other noise-makers inside your home. :eek:

Personally I'd suggest a more scripted format, it would cut down on the "extra" talking that adds needless length to the videos.

I agree to a point. It's a tough balance, choosing between natural "discussion" with the camera or scripted lines. "Talking to the camera" is a refined art. Videos seem more natural if you can talk to the camera as if you're talking to a friend. I didn't quite get there. Scripts ensure that you cover your points without babbling too much, but there's a balance between reading your lines (or sounding like you are) and ad-libbing semi-rehearsed talking points and making sure you cover everything. Depending on your level of perfection, a good video may require several "takes" and then a lot of editing before production.

I've come to really appreciate and admire anyone who can talk naturally to a camera, especially without babbling or tripping over their words. It's more difficult than you'd think. Strange things can happen once you're recording and start talking. Things don't always go as planned; words don't always come out as expected, as seen in this "blooper" snippet where I was attempting to discuss the remote control knob for my subwoofer system: https://youtu.be/v3TBSqgh_js

It's fun if you have the time and passion for video/sound editing. I think any good video we watch probably has five times the amount of staging/recording/editing time as the length of the video. I know mine do. It's obviously less if you're a natural in front of the camera and don't edit-out the dead time or extraneous chatter. Making more videos tends to make one better at it. The OP's apparent comfort on camera (which appears to have improved over time) only means his videos will get better as he continues to make them. :cool: I will subscribe and keep on eye on this channel.

Keep it up!

Scott