GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The truth about the cost of my GTI modifications

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Oh its in Canada money, so like $500? Obviously I'm just kidding, he spent a lot of money.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
He lost me at "the biggest modification was the IE Intercooler"

Yeah if you're not big turbo for $7500, and also not an air ride you're pretty much saying that money all went to labor costs

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
He lost me at "the biggest modification was the IE Intercooler"

Yeah if you're not big turbo for $7500, and also not an air ride you're pretty much saying that money all went to labor costs

"biggest" most important i guess, i should have specified. 7500 is all parts my friend.

Intercooler 800
turbo 1100
COBB 500
DSG tune 800
ED failed DSG tune 500
wheels and tires 1200
LED tails with harness 700
Exhaust 900
Total $6500

These are all rounded numbers at the low end. and not including mounts sway bar ubq and 5150 tune. There are other small things that I didnt even include.

I am not sure what planet you live on but BOSS kit alone will cost you over 3000 and at the time I went IS38 that was the only kit available.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Interesting video, thanks for sharing.

It's really easy to hit that number modding. Most people just aren't honest with themselves about what they spend but even the little things add up over time. $100 here, $50 there....next thing you know, its a grand for little stupid things.

I'm still collecting parts for my IS38 build and am at over $5K for everything already yet STILL haven't picked up the IC, protune, mounts, sways, springs/shocks, wheels/tires, and new clutch. That's with getting alot of the more expensive parts (AP, IS38, DP, etc) used at a significant discount and others on sale. I'll be at around $10K when all is set and done not including labor but I knew what I was getting into.

Sure, you can skip out on the cosmetic stuff and save a few thousand but its still pricey when you go down the rabbit hole.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
As TheGreekFreak said, thanks for sharing. I thought was was a good, honest video.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys, positivism means a lot. I try to keep it transparent and give people an idea around how much they should expect to spend going IS38 or similar hybrid set up.

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Did you list how much money you made from your long winded videos promoting these products? I'd like to see that offset.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Did you list how much money you made from your long winded videos promoting these products? I'd like to see that offset.

Sure. The channel currently is averaging $2.10 a day. That includes me bombarding social media. Purchasing better equipment and so on.

I think you can use basic math to conclude....that in a year i might pay my cobb ap purchase off with all the bags of money i made from YouTube. :D

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
And the shitstorm of senseless hate continues. Absolutely amazing.

Trolls just looking for attention...childhood neglect is tragic :(
The math is easy. If you don't like his videos, don't watch 'em.

Last edited:

volks6

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
So you are saying $2.10 a day is all you are making.
Seems like a lot of time wasted on your videos if you are only making that much from them.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Seems like a lot of time wasted on your videos if you are only making that much from them.

See how i didnt mention time....its my hobby i like cars i like recording and learning about things. I dont see it as a waste as some people can get pointers from the tutorials.

I wont lie the channel is growing...two months ago i was averaging 1 dollar a day.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion

Have you considered that he may actually enjoy sharing his experience with others?

Don't get the hate especially when the guy has car knowledge, does his own work, and shares any roadblocks he encounters. Save the hate for the posers.