GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the one detailing product or tool you can't live without? Your second?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I only use the cherry, people's comments in the parking garage when I use it are priceless!

I used the Lemon two days ago and my wife stated today my car smelled like a skunk. Was low on it so did what I could and will need to order more. Then be set for summer.

Can not imagine Cherry in a parking garage. I bet it smells for days.

Billy Baldone1

Ready to race!
Hmmmm.... So hard. I say a toss up between Nanoskin pads for my DA, and Shine Supply Cop Top. Pads make it possible to clay an entire car in 20 minutes. Chop Top cuts really hard clear coat very quickly to almost LSP ready. Like Menzerna FG400 on roids.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Damn, you guys are hardcore.

This is the best tool for me. For $30/ month, it's the difference between bird guano, tree sap, & bugs being on the car for a few days or only a few hours. Drive through almost every other day.

I do detail once a year myself, but who has time to spend 4 hours washing, claying etc every week.
Someone who doesn't want a clear coat anymore. That's a lot of claying! Lol.

We are the .03%. Greetings from Shinyville.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I used the Lemon two days ago and my wife stated today my car smelled like a skunk. Was low on it so did what I could and will need to order more. Then be set for summer.

Can not imagine Cherry in a parking garage. I bet it smells for days.
That's the smell of clean!

Yea, there is a cloud around my car for about 24 hours. It's a reassuring smell.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Hmmmm.... So hard. I say a toss up between Nanoskin pads for my DA, and Shine Supply Cop Top. Pads make it possible to clay an entire car in 20 minutes. Chop Top cuts really hard clear coat very quickly to almost LSP ready. Like Menzerna FG400 on roids.
Nanoskin pads are amazing! Good pick. I only use standard clays for rims now. Or tight spots.

I still need to explore the Shine Supply lineup.

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
The two products I use the most are optimum no rinse and power clean.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Car dent prevented also as no one wants to park next to you!
Yet another plus!

Unfortunately though we have assigned spots, and the lady with the Toyota next to me parks right on her line usually:/

I think people don't realize that if everyone parks in the middle, everyone can open their doors no problem! Wow, science! lol.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Yet another plus!

Unfortunately though we have assigned spots, and the lady with the Toyota next to me parks right on her line usually:/

I think people don't realize that if everyone parks in the middle, everyone can open their doors no problem! Wow, science! lol.

Spray her under carriage with a little Cherry IronX next time. It will follow her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
I forgot my second product! D156 (for now), it makes a great topper to the 845 and keeps the car protected since it only takes me 10 minutes after my weekly wash to do it. Makes the 845 last a bit longer too, of course if I get coated then the 845 and D156 both become useless (which I guess is why I should try reload).

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I forgot my second product! D156 (for now), it makes a great topper to the 845 and keeps the car protected since it only takes me 10 minutes after my weekly wash to do it. Makes the 845 last a bit longer too, of course if I get coated then the 845 and D156 both become useless (which I guess is why I should try reload).
I have heard great things about both of those products, especially the Colinite. Yes, if and when you get a coating(carbon or silica based) both of those products will then hinder more than help. If you get an Si02 based coating(CQuartz and Ceramic Pro for ex.) Reload or similar SiO2 based sealants are your go to. If carbon based(Chemical Guys or AMMO) then you will need different maintenance sprays.

Fun stuff! Depends how deep you want to get into it. Some have claimed I am over thinking the coating care process and products. But, when dealing with such an investment, sorry but I'm going to do exactly what the products says I have to. If it says avoid fillers and gloss enhancers, I AM!

lokerola

Ready to race!
1. Dual action polisher and pads
2. Collection of wheel brushes
3. Rinseless wash, Klasse AIO, spray wax, and Microfiber towels.

Jeez - you can't expect a guy to pick just 3 things!