GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stock Tune w/ Turboback

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
You can buy a Rev9 full stainless 3" dp for 160 bucks. Real expensive...? Lol.

I know that. I have one. He's asking about a full turbo back which will run at least 1k but likely more with minimal performance gains without the appropriate tune. The cost either in time or money is also increased depending on who does the install. If all you want is for the car to be louder then pay a muffler shop 60 bucks to delete the muffler like others have done. I just don't see a worthwhile return on this investment.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I know that. I have one. He's asking about a full turbo back which will run at least 1k but likely more with minimal performance gains without the appropriate tune. The cost either in time or money is also increased depending on who does the install. If all you want is for the car to be louder then pay a muffler shop 60 bucks to delete the muffler like others have done. I just don't see a worthwhile return on this investment.

Gotcha. Yeah, full exhaust are ridiculous. Even name brand dp's at almost 1k is total insanity. For 160 that Rev9 gave me the whole kit & kaboodle sound and power wise. Changing anything but the dp is total waste to me. :).

dmj291

Thanks for the feedback guys... from what i've read the mk7's operate all the time in closed loop, so even @ WOT, the AFR's shouldn't really deviate from the stock tune even with some hardware change, correct?

Why a downpipe & no tune? Looking to change the exhaust tone... maybe i'm wrong, but catback doesn't sound significantly different than the stock exhaust. Louder, yes, but I think a downpipe gives a deeper tone. Tuning it... yes eventually.

dmj291

I ran a catted down-pipe on a stock tune for about 6000 miles and I would occasionally blend e30... ran great with no issues.

You ran e30, without tuning? I would have guessed you would have thrown a CEL for being lean. You ran for 6000 miles & still going, or decided to move on to something different?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
You ran e30, without tuning? I would have guessed you would have thrown a CEL for being lean. You ran for 6000 miles & still going, or decided to move on to something different?

He's still going just tuned with an is38 now. These ecu's have lots of room for compensation (25% +/- fueling) so you can blend easily without issues. Like I mentioned, a JB1/4 is basically a stock tune and tons of people including me have blended e30 for awhile