GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I go with this deal for new 2017 GTI Autobahn DSG?

SDGTIfan

2017 GTI Autobahn DSG
~31K for everything excluding tax title and registration - 5K of MSRP and I can drive off with the car today in CA

The lowest price I could find for autobahn DSG was 29K in VA but with shipping it will be around 30K I will be saving less than 1K and have to wait for the car so thinking its not worth it

The other conflicting thing is if I should wait for the refresh but I dont think we will be seeing 5K off MSRP on 2018 models unit in CA for a while

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
That is a solid deal, I would bet the $29k you were seeing from dealers in VA did not include destination cost, their $600 doc fee and likely some other little caveat like you have to finance through their bank. I ran into that in dealing with the VA dealers.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yup. $7k minus $699 minus $820. $5,500 off.

Stay in Cali.

I see this new fineprint from Stohlman too:

"All prices are exclusive internet prices only for VA, MD, and D.C. customers. An adjusted market value will be added back to all new vehicle prices for customers living outside of VA, MD and D.C."

king12sky

Ready to race!
Unless your buying used if not dont bother shopping out of Cali. Anywhere from the East Coast to Cali is going to cost you $800 & up on shipping plus insurance on it.

Why not try searching NV or AZ? you can drive there it will be more worth it.

o'bluetouring

2017 GTI Autobahn DSG
~31K for everything excluding tax title and registration - 5K of MSRP and I can drive off with the car today in CA

The lowest price I could find for autobahn DSG was 29K in VA but with shipping it will be around 30K I will be saving less than 1K and have to wait for the car so thinking its not worth it

The other conflicting thing is if I should wait for the refresh but I dont think we will be seeing 5K off MSRP on 2018 models unit in CA for a while

I'm also looking to get a GTI here in SoCal soon. Which dealer(s) did you visit and who offered you that price?

Thanks!

SDGTIfan

I'm also looking to get a GTI here in SoCal soon. Which dealer(s) did you visit and who offered you that price?

Thanks!

The dealership that quoted this turned out to be total sleazy scumbags. We agreed on a price AFTER dealer fees and accessories and they basically didnt honor it and tried to rip me off one way or the other

I ended up buying my autobahn DSG from a local dealership for 4.5K off MSRP and I was happy since there was no bait and switch

Use truecar.com which is the best way to get a MSRP discount. Go there and put in zip codes for a bunch of LA areas (glendale, ventura, industry) and then look at what discounts you are getting and go from there

one advice I would give is dont even enter the dealership until you have fully negotiated everything and make them send you a detailed quote with a breakdown of every item by email and only then go to the dealership. dont negotiate at the dealership at all

tknj99

Ready to race!
The dealership that quoted this turned out to be total sleazy scumbags. We agreed on a price AFTER dealer fees and accessories and they basically didnt honor it and tried to rip me off one way or the other

I ended up buying my autobahn DSG from a local dealership for 4.5K off MSRP and I was happy since there was no bait and switch

Use truecar.com which is the best way to get a MSRP discount. Go there and put in zip codes for a bunch of LA areas (glendale, ventura, industry) and then look at what discounts you are getting and go from there

one advice I would give is dont even enter the dealership until you have fully negotiated everything and make them send you a detailed quote with a breakdown of every item by email and only then go to the dealership. dont negotiate at the dealership at all

Getting quotes in email is ideal.. I got mine over the phone and then when trying to get it beaten by other dealers they would immediately ask if the quote was in writing. I wound up recording the best price conversation but didnt have to actually replay it to the dealer i ultimately bought from who matched the price.