GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB>MIB2

LFTMON

Ready to race!
Hi guys, had my composition media MIB switched out to MIB 2 discovery Pro

Any ideas? Car has never been in an accident and has never thrown this before.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
The key has not been turned at the end of the glovebox to disable the passenger air bag has it?

LFTMON

Ready to race!
Have you checked the plug behind the glovebox that goes into the key mechanism as it is easy to knock off.

Also check the passenger seat occupancy sensor plug is still in under the seat.

The plug under, inside, behind the glove?

sturgeon boy

Passed Driver's Ed
so has mine i changed the cabin filter a few weeks ago so i'll open it and have a look for this plug thing does anyone have a picture of what we are looking for ?

LFTMON

Ready to race!
So I’ve done some reading around and apparently it is a seat belt pre-tensioner most likely the front passenger one.

Now I don’t know if it was triggered on purpose or just by chance after I installed the MIB but I’ve been told that only the dealers can install and code a new one because to get access to the module they have to go through the VW servers and what not.

Now I’m hoping someone can just fix this error by just coding.

LFTMON

Ready to race!
Just to update I took it to VW in Birmingham and the technician said they cannot connect to the front passenger seat belt module and that I should get a used but working seatbelt installed and go back to the dealers to get it coded using ODIS.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Just to update I took it to VW in Birmingham and the technician said they cannot connect to the front passenger seat belt module and that I should get a used but working seatbelt installed and go back to the dealers to get it coded using ODIS.

Not under warranty?

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Interesting? Do you have vagcom to see if you can communicate with the 42 door module? The door module does not have CP so all coding and adaptations can be done with vagcom. If you did not store your coding and adaptations, you can get references scans at Ross-tech.com reference scan section. Else, you can ask someone who has a similarly appointed GTI to provide their coding and adaptations. It is not too hard to replace and there should be some DIY on removing door panel. I assume it is out of warranty.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Not under warranty?

Hard to push for warranty when swapping MIB1->2 caused it.

My best guess if nothing is broken that maybe a wire got pinched/disconnected by mistake. If they can't connect to the module i'd look for that before buying a new/used replacement module (no idea how much they cost). Best of luck.