GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034Motorsport - Billet Aluminum Dogbone Insert

njkymk7GTI

Ready to race!
Hopefully I can get a quick answer since my cars on stands, anyone have any issues installing the BFI stage 2 insert on the version 2 factory mount? Doesn't look like it fits, and kinda a hard area to pry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did have a very difficult time getting it in. If I remember correctly, since it was a long time ago, I had to jack up the transmission just a little bit, and then pound the mount in with a mallet.

I did have a very difficult time getting it in. If I remember correctly, since it was a long time ago, I had to jack up the transmission just a little bit, and then pound the mount in with a mallet.

Will give that a shot. Would be awesome if I could find my dead blow, but hey, a hammer is a hammer right? How you liking having it?

airjor13

Ready to race!
I am not sure how some folks are having lots of issues with the insert install, but it should slide in with ease, if not, please double check you are using the correct version, and if you are using version 2, make sure you have the revised insert.

You really should have no added NVH at idle and only subtle bit more taking off in 1st.

Make sure the car is on a lift and that it is even, hand tighten bolt to snug, turn the car on, rev a little bit and then turn car off, make sure the insert is straight and torque to 130NM is the best method.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion

Was under the car the other day, the chewing of the rubber surrounding the insert is normal right?

What are the scrape marks on the mount? Looks like its contacting metal?

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
What are the scrape marks on the mount? Looks like its contacting metal?

Oh yeah definitely. My car makes a metal on metal shudder sound every time I start it. Not sure if it's an issue or not, can anyone chime in?

Car drives great though still.

It's a little annoying and I'm considering getting the HPA full mount but not sure how NVH will be.

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Oh yeah definitely. My car makes a metal on metal shudder sound every time I start it. Not sure if it's an issue or not, can anyone chime in?

Car drives great though still.

It's a little annoying and I'm considering getting the HPA full mount but not sure how NVH will be.

I just ordered my HPA mount today. I was under the car and the insert was deformed but intact.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I gotta say, I have had the BFI stage 2 insert, the 034 insert, and the Revo mount in my car. Rocked them all for at least a few days and overall the Revo is best. It is quiet like the 034, and tight like the BFI.

Cool, I've been looking at the Revo mount as I too have the 034 mount and I've been seeing just too many issues of people having them bend, crack or just chew up the surrounding rubber. I got the 034 shortly after they came out with version 2, FWIW it's been good so far but I kinda feel like it's been a band-aid until a permanent fix came along. :)

lokerola

Ready to race!
Soooooo...I installed my 034 version 2 mount today on my 2017 manual. I don't really notice much change. Maybe it shifts a bit better? I can't really tell. Now, I did just drive around town, I didn't take it for a spirited drive, so maybe I need to flog it a bit to notice anything?

Jamie007

Ready to race!
2017 Sport DSG review

First of all, I never thought the shifting was sloppy, or really anything bad about the way it drove. However, after reading the rave reviews, I thought, what the hell... I just got my insert in the mail today, and I was slightly worried about the engine possibly moving. So I went to a VW/Audi performance shop by my house. They told me $50 to install it, and I told them to pound sand. So I decided to go for it using jack stands, and jacks to keep it level. Got the bolt out no problem, didn't seem like the engine moved, but my worst nightmares came true... It moved! :eek: Even being level. :( and I was by myself, oh crap! Now what? :confused: So this is what you do if this happens...And be prepared for it to happen...

Step 1: Take a deep breath, know your car will be just fine.
Step 2: Push on the transmission with your hand, and realize it moves very easily!
Step 3: Insert the bolt into the dogbone, and push on the bolt with your hand. At the same time pull the transmission towards you (my case towards the rear of the car) with the other hand, and the bolt will pop into the hole.

Then I hand tightened it, started the car, threw a few revs and shut it down. I torqued to 95, and just tested it out. First impressions: Maybe a little rougher when starting it? After that, no noticeable difference what-so-ever in NVH. Then again, my last car was a stage II WRX, that idled like a semi truck lol. So I might be numb to some of that. Driving it, car feels like granite now, I didn't notice how much the engine moved before. Shifts almost feels like little clicks now, car feels more planted, and just feels really, really nice! I still was able to evoke some wheel hop, but then again I'm APR stage 1 :D. I say, BRAVO to 034 Motorsport! For making such a great product for a great price. Best $40 I ever spent modding a car. Hopefully it will last. :)

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
First of all, I never thought the shifting was sloppy, or really anything bad about the way it drove. However, after reading the rave reviews, I thought, what the hell... I just got my insert in the mail today, and I was slightly worried about the engine possibly moving. So I went to a VW/Audi performance shop by my house. They told me $50 to install it, and I told them to pound sand. So I decided to go for it using jack stands, and jacks to keep it level. Got the bolt out no problem, didn't seem like the engine moved, but my worst nightmares came true... It moved! :eek: Even being level. :( and I was by myself, oh crap! Now what? :confused: So this is what you do if this happens...And be prepared for it to happen...

Step 2: Push on the transmission with your hand, and realize it moves very easily!
Step 3: Insert the bolt into the dogbone, and push on the bolt with your hand. At the same time pull the transmission towards you (my case towards the rear of the car) with the other hand, and the bolt will pop into the hole.

Then I hand tightened it, started the car, threw a few revs and shut it down. I torqued to 95, and just tested it out. First impressions: Maybe a little rougher when starting it? After that, no noticeable difference what-so-ever in NVH. Then again, my last car was a stage II WRX, that idled like a semi truck lol. So I might be numb to some of that. Driving it, car feels like granite now, I didn't notice how much the engine moved before. Shifts almost feels like little clicks now, car feels more planted, and just feels really, really nice! I still was able to evoke some wheel hop, but then again I'm APR stage 1 :D. I say, BRAVO to 034 Motorsport! For making such a great product for a great price. Best $40 I ever spent modding a car. Hopefully it will last. :)

Had mine in for a year with no issues,if it ever brakes I'll just by a new one,I've tested mine numerous times and it does what it is suppose to do

elamothe15

Ready to race!

Same thing happened to me when I installed it on ramps. I had the same progression of steps as you as well including the initial necessary deep breathe haha. Glad you like it! I've had mine in for a little over a year now and I love it

TurtlesGTI

Hello, I am trying to install my 034 V2 version 2 dog bone and I have a few questions. If I have the car up on jacks is it a guarantee that the engine is going to move? My other question is I do not have a torque wrench to measure the torque. Is this going to be an issue? How is everyone like their 034 V2 dogbone? Thanks.