GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034Motorsport - Billet Aluminum Dogbone Insert

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
the factory manual says its 130nm plus 90 degree turn

just to add in the confusion

Having a shop do this tomorrow while putting new rims on

Version 2 on a DSG, the install manual says 130nm, nothing about an additional 90 degree turn?

I also read for DSGs, it helps to hand tighten, turn the car on, then torque to 130nm. This is to help reduce vibrations supposedly. Should I ask the shop to do this?

wlfpck

Ready to race!

Version 2 on a DSG, the install manual says 130nm, nothing about an additional 90 degree turn?

I also read for DSGs, it helps to hand tighten, turn the car on, then torque to 130nm. This is to help reduce vibrations supposedly. Should I ask the shop to do this?

The reason you hand tighten, turn the car on, then torque is to make sure nothing shifted and that you're back to a neutral alignment before tightening everything down. As for whether or not the shop should do this? maybe?

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
The reason you hand tighten, turn the car on, then torque is to make sure nothing shifted and that you're back to a neutral alignment before tightening everything down. As for whether or not the shop should do this? maybe?

Well my dogbone says usps delivered, but it's not at my mailbox. Very upset. Another part I ordered from DAP appears to have lost tracking:mad:. Not having a good time with USPS this week.

I have no means to lift my car, does anyone know how much a shop would charge, or if they could do it for free? Really wanted to do this at the same time as my wheel swap so I wouldn't have to pay anything :/ can't wait because wheels have to change tomorrow for pending sale.

Last edited:

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
I didn't have to lift my car at all, I just drove it to the edge of my driveway it sits a few inches above the ground. That gave me plenty of room to install it amd since the car is level the engine didn't shift at all on me.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
I didn't have to lift my car at all, I just drove it to the edge of my driveway it sits a few inches above the ground. That gave me plenty of room to install it amd since the car is level the engine didn't shift at all on me.

Ah lucky you. I live in a high rise condo in the city so not many options for driveway DIYs

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Well my dogbone says usps delivered, but it's not at my mailbox. Very upset. Another part I ordered from DAP appears to have lost tracking:mad:. Not having a good time with USPS this week.

I have no means to lift my car, does anyone know how much a shop would charge, or if they could do it for free? Really wanted to do this at the same time as my wheel swap so I wouldn't have to pay anything :/ can't wait because wheels have to change tomorrow for pending sale.

If you have a shop do this... should be a 15 minute job.

Pull car in. Lift car. Undo bolt. Put insert in. Tighten bolt with torque wrench. Lower car. Pull car out. Done.

elamothe15

Ready to race!
How often is everyone checking their mount? I've seen a few people mentioning theirs bending and some even cracking all of the way through. I put mine in awhile back and haven't looked at it or removed it since the install

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
How often is everyone checking their mount? I've seen a few people mentioning theirs bending and some even cracking all of the way through. I put mine in awhile back and haven't looked at it or removed it since the install

Good question. I also wonder if there have been any cases where the bolt needed to be re-torqued after driving around awhile, ie it loosened up. Getting a bit loose could also be causing some of the breakage. Just wondering...

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah I was able to convince a shop to do it for $15. Some shops had no idea what it was. the name of one shop was "german car repair". Their tire machine can only fit 16" wheels too. I wonder what kind of german cars they're servicing lol..

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R

the 130nm + 90 degree is straight from the VW workshop manual, not 034's install manual

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'd do VW manual