GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DBV2 Hybrid IS38- COBB Tuned- Dyno Results.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Results with the new DBV2 Hybrid V2.

440whp/402tq

Tuned with Cobb and Definitive Tuning.

Stock North American Fuel system running pump 94 octane.

Car is pretty much FBO.

Power mods here :

DBV2 V2 IS38 Hybrid
DVB2 Intake
DBV2 TMD
DBV2 Turbo Inlet
DBV2 Charge pipes
Intergrated Engineering IC
Circuit Werks 3 inch catted DP
Custom 3 inch aluminum catback
Denso IKH0124 Race plugs

More than happy with the outcome of this. Spark plugs need to be re gapped as you can see it drop off a bit but we’re not going for any more power even though it’s available.

Hybrids do work when built right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Looks strong. Nicely done!

Report back in a few months on reliability, yeah? Then again, I saw they made yours extra-special. Was that because of the racing application?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Looks strong. Nicely done!

Report back in a few months on reliability, yeah? Then again, I saw they made yours extra-special. Was that because of the racing application?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just some new features that will be available to everyone if they want it.

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
giant wing: check
cage: check
fender flares for wider tires: check
healthy 400+whp powerband: check

I bet this car boogies.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
giant wing: check
cage: check
fender flares for wider tires: check
healthy 400+whp powerband: check

I bet this car boogies.

I sure hope so...been a productive winter build. Not shown is the massive front chassis mounted splitter.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
No methanol on this run? I seem to recall that you have a meth kit. Great build. (that's a pretty neat shop there, too)

That's a nice flat curve, and would be great to wring out the gears to red line.

This is a fantastic race car power band. With the IS20 giving 250 ft lbs around 2100rpms, having to be all the way up at 3300 for same torque, the car will always be asking you to drive it like a race car- and once you're there it's full of beans.

It looks like it will completely walk an IS38 GTI north of 4400 rpms.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
No methanol on this run? I seem to recall that you have a meth kit. Great build. (that's a pretty neat shop there, too)

That's a nice flat curve, and would be great to wring out the gears to red line.

This is a fantastic race car power band. With the IS20 giving 250 ft lbs around 2100rpms, having to be all the way up at 3300 for same torque, the car will always be asking you to drive it like a race car- and once you're there it's full of beans.

It looks like it will completely walk an IS38 GTI north of 4400 rpms.

No meth. Removed a while ago as it didnt fall within the rules for my time attack series.

I sure hope it would walk an IS38 GTI as its making almost 80 more WHP with a better powerband. lol

Zacr811

Ready to race!
lucky you wear a helmet, i hate the sound of aluminium exhausts!!!

Car is a pig. I needed to loose as much weight as possible lol. It actually doesn’t sound bad in my car though although these cars don’t sound good to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
How far have you taken the weight removal so far? Are we talking Wolf/Tin Can levels yet?

The vents and hood do look pretty mean. Looks like that shop, Definitive Tuning, would be up for making all kinds of other carbon goodies, too.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
How far have you taken the weight removal so far? Are we talking Wolf/Tin Can levels yet?

The vents and hood do look pretty mean. Looks like that shop, Definitive Tuning, would be up for making all kinds of other carbon goodies, too.

They make a bunch of carbon parts.

I have not weighed it since I stripped it but I can only do some much according to rules.

Basically everything b pillar back is gone but replaced with a roll cage. Both seats up front are gone and replaced with racing buckets. I want to delete the sunroof soon. Ummm I have a lightweight battery now which is only 12 pounds..so thats an easy weight savings.

all vents were made and design by a friend. R Theory Motorsports

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Do you have an overlay of your baseline compared to this run? Curious to see the actual gains since I've been told dynapacks read a little higher than other dynos.

Also, not sure if you've heard about certain denso plug insulators breaking off, but have you considered RS7 plugs or the NGK equivalent?

Congrats on the numbers. I'm sure it's quite the rush at WOT.

Zacr811

Ready to race!
Do you have an overlay of your baseline compared to this run? Curious to see the actual gains since I've been told dynapacks read a little higher than other dynos.

Also, not sure if you've heard about certain denso plug insulators breaking off, but have you considered RS7 plugs or the NGK equivalent?

Congrats on the numbers. I'm sure it's quite the rush at WOT.

Not at the moment sorry.

I dont like comparing dyno to dyno cause it defeats the purpose really..it gives you a ball park number to tune. I have heard mixed arguments on that as well. I know though it pretty accurate since I have used the same dyno when I was just IS38 and GIAC tuned. It made similar numbers compared to everyone else.

I am using denso IKH0124 race plugs...not the standard plug.