GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

why dont other gti drivers wave to me?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
If i waved at GTI's i'd be waiting at every tenth car, they're just too common where i live, even seeing a lot of R's lately.

I'm checking out every single one of them like a hawk though. If someone waved at me id wave back.

Yeah I have been seeing tons of GTI's this week. Most of them seem to not be enthusiasts.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
There are quite a number of mk7s around where I live but for some reason the vast majority of them seem to be in there 50's. I know if I waved at them they'd be like wtf. Never see a modded one though, get a few of the older mks modded though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Out here in the Bay Area, GTI's are abundant and are treated like Honda Civic hatchbacks for the bougie crowd (like myself :D). It was totally a practical and utilitarian purchase initially. Luckily, I quickly fell out of that mindset, fell in love with the car and I really appreciate modding it.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
3 oncoming mk7s and 2 mk6s today (all GTIs)....not one returned my wave, including a visibly modded mk6. Still, I refuse to give up.

As a side note, my friend (in the passenger seat) said an mk6 R pulled up next to me at the traffic light and was giving thumbs up/trying to chat. I didn't notice cuz I was looking for something in the armrest compartment but I still feel bad.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Out here in the Bay Area, GTI's are abundant and are treated like Honda Civic hatchbacks for the bougie crowd (like myself :D). It was totally a practical and utilitarian purchase initially. Luckily, I quickly fell out of that mindset, fell in love with the car and I really appreciate modding it.

Lol dude same. Mine was bone stock for a whole year. Somehow on a whim I found APR's tune or something I don't really remember what sparked it. Suddenly I'm all fast and the furious ... lol and yeah I see so many Golf And GTI nobody treats them special here.. you see old people and everyone driving them

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
When I finally get mine, I'll wave the F out of all of you

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Gtis are a dime a dozen these days. When i first got my mk6 gti about half of GTI drivers waved, when I sold it last year I got maybe 5%. R drivers I'm at 100% so far though (and a bit of gofast fun with a couple too...)

IES99

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Old

Lol dude same. Mine was bone stock for a whole year. Somehow on a whim I found APR's tune or something I don't really remember what sparked it. Suddenly I'm all fast and the furious ... lol and yeah I see so many Golf And GTI nobody treats them special here.. you see old people and everyone driving them

Us old guys are upset with you, now. :)

Have only had the GTI a few months but the mods are coming.

GTIs are not just for the young, but for the young at heart.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I'm an old schooler and have been in the community for a loooooong time. Started off with a MKII Golf, then a MKIII GTI and MKIV GTI. Skipped the MKV and MKVI mainly because I did not like the looks/body style. Now I have the MKVII GTI because VW nailed it with that body and engine. Anyways, when I had the older genes, the community was tighter and people gave the VW sign to one another when passing by. Now this new generation, people have no clue and that's why these kids don't 'wave' back.

krayzee

Everyone who expects a wave from other gti drivers should just rent a house and suck each other off. You need a wAve and a smile for what? To make you feel good and validate your purchase and taste in cars? Please.

To call someone not a car/gti enthusiast because they don't care to give you a nod is retarded

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Everyone who expects a wave from other gti drivers should just rent a house and suck each other off. You need a wAve and a smile for what? To make you feel good and validate your purchase and taste in cars? Please.

To call someone not a car/gti enthusiast because they don't care to give you a nod is retarded

So... just another Tuesday night?

Eat a Snickers.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I've lived in areas where everyone waves at everyone, regardless of your car. I don't quite live in an area like that anymore.

I never ever think of waving to someone in another GTI. I just don't feel that my car is anything special or unique. Sure I'd wave back to anyone - especially to GreekFreak who I think goes way back to the good ole' Rabbitownersclub forum :)

I also think bikers that insist on waving to one another is beyond ghey. I want to get a motor bike just so I can drive around and NEVER wave to anyone else on a bike.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

You just proved my point. Now be a good little boy and go play in traffic.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

To make people feel good and validate a purchase? Now that's just ignorant. It's about sense of community with other people that have the same interests, Normally people can spot another modded gti a mile away.

You just proved my point. Now be a good little boy and go play in traffic.
Couldn't have said it better.