GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R MK7.5 - US Release

Dark Violet R

Ready to race!
got an email from corporate VW USA. He said the order guides will be in dealers hands next month but he didn't give me a specific day :)

Now I have the tough decision to make on whether to order the refreshed 2018 Mustang GT or the refreshed 2018 Golf R !!!! hahaha

Not sure how long you intend to keep your car but resale on an R is far better than a Mustang. Put a JB4 on it and stand back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ztorc

Go Kart Newbie
For those peeps diggin;' in Cali (north&south), this is what worked. Emailed like 50+ dealers with a basic request of my color options and wanting to start the discussion at MSRP.

28 replied.
22 laughed at me.
6 came back with 2k over.
I worked with the 6, brought 3 down to MSRP.
Picked the nearest dealer, paid sticker, drove off with my R 5 days after I started my search. Was a 60 mile drive from SF.

The guys over at Modesto (Central Valley) were willing to deal at sticker (and super nice) JFYI. Don't be afraid to drive a little, and don't deal with the usual stealership bullshit. Its a nice, fun crazy awesome car but its frustrating when they're coming back to you with 5-10k+ sticker markup. Laugh at them and move on.

Hope that helps!

A couple SoCal dealers contacted me back and dropping the price to MSRP. They cannot move the R with 3K to 5K over MSRP.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
For those peeps diggin;' in Cali (north&south), this is what worked. Emailed like 50+ dealers with a basic request of my color options and wanting to start the discussion at MSRP.

Well done. This is EXACTLY how to buy a car nowadays, especially one that has a large number of dealers trying to treat it like some sort of rare beast that commands some huge ADM.

"Thank you for your time. And when you do decide to come down in price, and eventually you will, please do NOT call me, as I will already have purchased my car elsewhere."

CLICK!!

Ftrv8

A couple SoCal dealers contacted me back and dropping the price to MSRP. They cannot move the R with 3K to 5K over MSRP.

Yup. SoCal dealer I’ve been emailing with is finally coming down. Still has his $1k dealer installed charge, but willing to split it. Waiting to see if they will just do simple MSRP.

ztorc

Go Kart Newbie
Yup. SoCal dealer I’ve been emailing with is finally coming down. Still has his $1k dealer installed charge, but willing to split it. Waiting to see if they will just do simple MSRP.

I might get mine this weekend. :D

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
They are both LED.

Nope. Mk7s headlights were HID Xenon and 7.5s are LED. If you own a Mk 7 turn on your headlights and notice that it takes them a second to get to full brightness, a characteristic of HID bulbs as the gas comes up to temperature in the bulb.

ztorc

Go Kart Newbie
Picked her up today from Alhambra VW, CA.

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope. Mk7s headlights were HID Xenon and 7.5s are LED. If you own a Mk 7 turn on your headlights and notice that it takes them a second to get to full brightness, a characteristic of HID bulbs as the gas comes up to temperature in the bulb.

I stand corrected. I thought he meant if there was a difference between 7.5 GTI and 7.5 R headlights which are both LED.

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
The guys over at Modesto (Central Valley) were willing to deal at sticker (and super nice) JFYI. Don't be afraid to drive a little, and don't deal with the usual stealership bullshit. Its a nice, fun crazy awesome car but its frustrating when they're coming back to you with 5-10k+ sticker markup. Laugh at them and move on.

Hope that helps!

I got my 17 Golf R DDC,DSG,NAV ect... from them at invoice