GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door Warning Lights and Power Folding Mirror Install

sabo

Ready to race!
I take NO credit for being the pioneer of these two mods, but I completed them myself and decided to pay it forward, even if this information already exists in many forms. I've consolidated the front door warning lights and power folding mirror install. I did both at once (so to only remove the door panels once :eek:).

Thanks to roger2050 (VWvortex), kevinm and golfdave for the inspiration. I hope my DIY guide helps others. Not as technical as some, but lots of visuals. See drop link (file much too big for upload here)

Cheers.

You shouldn't need to sign up for dropbox, just click 'Continue to View' and/or direct download when in the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ec7td257...ding Mirror Install - Golf R '16 MK7.pdf?dl=0

Last edited:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sabo, thanks for taking the time to make easier for us. This is in my to do list :)

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sabo thanks to you I was able to do this tonight, thanks for the tips on the connectors it really really helped a lot.
Thanks man

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Thanks again, the whole thing seems easy at first I was following USP instructions then realized that I didn't meed to take off the module etc since I was only installing the mirrors but those ambient lights connectors had me fooled hahaha !!! I paid attention to the routing of the mirror cable because if you route it differently I'm guessing that they will be touching the window glass on the way up or down. Also another thing that I did different was swapping the mirror covers, there is no need to remove the glass or anything, this is assuming that you are installing a full mirror kid, that's what I got from Aliexpress, they even included 2 clips just in case, anyways I took the mirror covers by moving the mirror downward and pushing the clips that hold the cover in position down and back , there is a risk of braking them if it is cold out, but if you heat them up just a bit that should make it easier if is warm out there is no need to heat them up.
Thank God that I found your instructions when I was working on the first door LOL. Thanks a Bunch and all of the other contributors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sportsvan

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you very much for the very useful information, and I already have the power folding mirrors in my car, which came from the factory with them, but it's good to know how to access them in case that we need it ;)

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Thanks sabo, very clear and detailed DIY. I will definitely be referencing this when I install my mirrors this weekend!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks again for the DIY, we shared it within our listing:
http://deautokey.com/product/volkswagen-door-warning-puddle-light-led-fits-many-models

Here is the DIY in photos here on the main thread so people don't have to leave the site:

Thank you

Last edited:

sabo

Ready to race!
Can someone post coding for door lights ?

Unverified, but from golfdave's DIY...

Plug in VCDS to re-code both the drivers & passenger door control modules as follows:-
· Select Control Module [Select]
· [42-Door Elec, Driver] & [52-Door Elec, Pass] will need coding separately.
· [Coding -07],
· [Long Coding],
· [Long Coding Helper],
· Byte1,
· Bit2, tick the box marked “Door exit/warning light installed”.
If the lights do not work, remove the light unit from the door card, unplug the connector & rotate it 180deg & re-insert it. It should now work!

zacakriah

Hi just wanted to thank Sabo for the guide, between your guide and usp's I was able to install my folding windows and the warning lights :)

However I still managed to mess up a little.....I forgot to take note of the old door module settings and I have lost control of the rear passenger windows from the drivers seat (I can still control the front passenger window), everything else works. I figure that this is because the modules I fiitted came from a 3 door Golf, so the module doesnt know it should be controling the window.

Does anyone know the coding necessary to make my drivers side door module window switch control the rear passenger windows.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Mirrors installed. Wasn't too bad. I took my time so as not to break anything (door clips aside). Sabo PDF and shopdap video were very helpful. All working well, coding done etc.

Broke 2 door clips on each side. The same ones. Luckily I had purchased 6 spares. Man those clips dig in tight. No wonder they break!

Used a hockey skate lace tied to old wiring, pulled through, and used lace to pull new wiring through. Worked quite well. Just a lot of fiddling with connectors and grommets to get the cabling all sorted. Passenger side was a breeze compared to driver side (experience).

Finally "passenger mirror dip in reverse" is working properly!

Thanks again Sabo for putting that PDF together!