GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI IS38 APR Stage 2+ vs Porsche 997.2 911 C4 Tune + GT3 parts @ Pacific Raceways

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Finally got to the track to test out the build.

Happy to report I'm very satisfied with the car... excluding the GFB DV+ which tried very hard to ruin the day!
With just 3/4 of the available power band usable it still proved to be very capable. The car was the talk of the day, surprising pretty much everyone who attended, with the only clearly quicker vehicle being a modified 997.

Aside from the DV+, no weak areas are immediately apparent, including traction in the wet during morning session! Grip, power, turn in, body roll, transmission all superb, brakes awesome, oil and coolant stayed well within the normal range over several 20-30 minute sessions.

Take a look at the 911 997.2 video and note the short-shifting damn GFB DV+!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JwM1FBigjQ

Last edited:

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Looking good! Sucks the DV+ was acting up. Did you try and lubricate it while there at all?

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Looking good! Sucks the DV+ was acting up. Did you try and lubricate it while there at all?

I lubricated it before installing it, but I did not try to lubricate it again at the track.

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Looks like a lot of fun! Nice to see some road racing vs the more common highway pulls and drag races.

Agree, I didn't buy the car with drag racing in mind, I mean its quick in a straight line but its talents lie in the MQB chassis handling abilities when set up with a diff, tires and suspension. All we need to do is look at the Clubsport S ring time to see that! Its up there with super cars of the early-mid 2000's.