GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
I know that much silly [emoji14]

I meant what exactly is the adaptation channel called?
Oh, sorry! I'll have to look for the number again (eng######) but the only text name was "TBD".

The car is getting clear bra and tint installed today but I've made a note to look it up tonight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Changed from halogen to LED tails.
Does anyone know what code to change to get rear foglights on?
I used the DAP harness to convert even though I've since realised I might not have needed to, but haven't been able to figure out the rear fogs, they did work before I installed the harness, I used the harness to connect the inner indicators, but have been told since that I only needed an extra wire. I have ordered the wire but having one last go here to see if anyone can help me with the code before I go unhooking the DAP harness, leaving it worthless. UK

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Changed from halogen to LED tails.
Does anyone know what code to change to get rear foglights on?
I used the DAP harness to convert even though I've since realised I might not have needed to, but haven't been able to figure out the rear fogs, they did work before I installed the harness, I used the harness to connect the inner indicators, but have been told since that I only needed an extra wire. I have ordered the wire but having one last go here to see if anyone can help me with the code before I go unhooking the DAP harness, leaving it worthless. UK

Daniel: here's my version of the instructions of the coding for the DAP harness (it's specifically intended for OBD11, but it's easily translated into VCDS speak).

Don

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Daniel: here's my version of the instructions of the coding for the DAP harness (it's specifically intended for OBD11, but it's easily translated into VCDS speak).

Don

Thanks Don, i use obd, I'm pretty sure that's the same code I'm using, nothing in there that references the rear fog light though that I see. I was able to switch on a reverse light as a fog light but decided no. At the start I did pay for the 1 touch DAP app before i figured out how to code myself soon after, I went through their changes and played around with then to see if I could get it to work but nope, the fog worked before the harness so I can't imagine how using the harness could disable the fog

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks Don, i use obd, I'm pretty sure that's the same code I'm using, nothing in there that references the rear fog light though that I see. I was able to switch on a reverse light as a fog light but decided no. At the start I did pay for the 1 touch DAP app before i figured out how to code myself soon after, I went through their changes and played around with then to see if I could get it to work but nope, the fog worked before the harness so I can't imagine how using the harness could disable the fog

From the ECS instruction manual (but these instructions don't make sense to me unless the "grey" settings are used):

Don

Last edited:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Anyone figured a way yet on how to:

1. Code Fender over to Dynaudio? Our US Fender system uses the same amp part as ROW Dynaudio. The Dynaudio has additional audio tweaks I'm dying to unlock.

2. Change that ugly mustard yellow color theme found across the MIBII radio menues into the newer blue used on some MY17+ vehicles.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
For a MK7 you need a hardware mod as well as VCDS coding as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rscott: Yes - I agree. The progressive turn signal pattern does need to be a special type of fitting, but the pace car effect (i.e. counter blinking angel-eyes and indicator) is just pure coding.

Don

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Can someone share the coding for it

Golf R: Not an straight answer to your question- alas!

If you had incandescent headlights, then my instructions are HERE.

But I'm not sure what type of fittings are on a UK Golf R - I suspect Xenon (perhaps not?). The other important aspect of this tweak is whether, or not your car has DRL Wink (the DRL on one side dims/turns-off when the blinker operates). Do you have this?

Don

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I have the OEM folding mirrors installed on the wagon - not from the factory but retrofitted. Currently, the way the car is coded is to display the option for auto folding upon locking doors via the MIBII infotainment screen. In addition to this, the driver's door switch does the same.

My question is the following:
Is there a way to keep above auto fold setting option via MIBII + enable the keyfob to fold away the mirrors on demand by depressing the lock button for a couple of seconds?

The only VCDS coding options I am aware of are either MIBII auto fold option OR the keyfob method. I'm not sure about having both??