GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Highly Modded Civic Si vs. APR Stage 1 GTI

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I saw a black Civic Si that I could also hear. It had a fart can on it and was pretty loud. He saw a break and took off only to get stopped at the next light. I could see he had some suspension work done at least.
I was behind him and before the light changed I can hear BRAAAAAAPPPPP where he's holding the revs high to launch the car. I thought great! Here he's going to launch the car hard and walk away quickly as I don't have my summer tires on.
Not the case. He lets the clutch fly and the car falls flat on its face. I have to pedal to avoid hitting him and I basically just pulled out quickly with a little more revs than normal. Then comes the 1-2 shift - not the most skilled driver in front of me. It takes him forever to shift and I pull out along side and proceed to just walk on bye him as he's shifting into third. I could hear a BOV and turbo on his car as I'm going bye. So, he had some sort of FI on this car.
Didn't really matter, we both waved to each other as I was going past.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Sounds he bogged hard on his failed launch, driver mod for sure here.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
There's a local rsx with a small bolt on turbo... looking to come across him someday. :p

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
I beat a boosted B16 dc2 integra...that car made 302 whp and 240 lbs ft of torque...guy was a complete douche about it too lol...go take out the local rsx :). With ur setup, shouldnt be too much of a problem if it has a small bolt on turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I beat a boosted B16 dc2 integra...that car made 302 whp and 240 lbs ft of torque...guy was a complete douche about it too lol...go take out the local rsx :). With ur setup, shouldnt be too much of a problem if it has a small bolt on turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's gotta be a tiny bolt on his intercooler looks tiny like the ones that come in a complete plug and play package.

m00se

Ready to race!
I usually don't bother with Civics there is no winning. you either A) Wasted gas or B) Got beat by some sleeper. I would go about 98% chance its A.

Bingo, totally agree. Mine was the B) type ;). 475whp dc2, it definitely surprised a couple person.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
As mentioned, be careful with some RSX’s because they can be pretty quick. I know because I have both a MK7 and a RSX-S. Also my son has a MK6 K04 with all of APR’s bolt-ons and the the old RSX has no problems keeping up with it.

I'm now saving to upgrade the MK7 with an IS38 turbo, APR’s intake/intercooler/downpipe, and the outcome should favor towards the GTI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu4JO-BC_ro

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I haven't bothered to race any hondas for this reason. Theyre all shit boxes until you come across one of the 2% cars.

There's a local big turbo civic with slicks up front, a hood stack (two if you count his WG open dump next to it, and a big ass 4" thick IC. I don't mess with him, and he doesn't mess with me lol, I assume he's 550-600 HP judging by how nasty it looks and sounds. He's most likely hunting liter bikes and C7 ZO6/TT Lambos/etc

jb99875

Ready to race!
I haven't bothered to race any hondas for this reason. Theyre all shit boxes until you come across one of the 2% cars.

There's a local big turbo civic with slicks up front, a hood stack (two if you count his WG open dump next to it, and a big ass 4" thick IC. I don't mess with him, and he doesn't mess with me lol, I assume he's 550-600 HP judging by how nasty it looks and sounds. He's most likely hunting liter bikes and C7 ZO6/TT Lambos/etc

Yeah out here in Texas it might be a little more than 2%, Ill always look at the tires easy giveaway

CiHKAl

As mentioned, be careful with some RSX’s because they can be pretty quick. I know because I have both a MK7 and a RSX-S. Also my son has a MK6 K04 with all of APR’s bolt-ons and the the old RSX has no problems keeping up with it.

I'm now saving to upgrade the MK7 with an IS38 turbo, APR’s intake/intercooler/downpipe, and the outcome should favor towards the GTI.

https://youtu.be/Hu4JO-BC_ro

That was an optical illusion from my GoPro's wide angle lens.. it has nothing to do with your fully built and S/C DC5 Type S running E85... That's what I tell myself at least.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk