GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Could anyone who's done the comfort light indicator amount change on a newer-build MY17 (mine's 03/17) point me to where the setting may be? I found this on the OBD11 forums but I don't see anything relating to a comfort adaptation on mine (I didn't want to try the app for history reasons):

Select Control unit 09 (Central Electrics)
Security access
Access Code 31347
Adaptation
Comfort Sinyal Sayısı (Cycles)
Value: 1-5 Value 3 (standard - 3x blinking)

Also possibly unrelated, my app shows the MK7.5 GTI with my VIN entered, but it's not a facelift model. I realized they have a 2012-2017 year setting and that model matches mine, but because it goes by the VIN I can't seem to pick it. Is it a problem if it's showing the MK7.5 when I have a MK7?

Any help would be much appreciated!

xmonkey: if you have OBD11, then after "Adaptation" in your instructions - search for Außenlicht_Blinker , then select Komfortblinken Blinkzyklen and select value 1-5

Remember that after the tweak instructions are finished, you may need to complete an in-car process as follows:
1. Press the Car button on the RHS of the discover/composition media head.
2. Press Set-up on the bottom RHS of the screen
3. In the Vehicle Setting screen, press the Factory Settings panel (it's at the very end of the list at the bottom of the screen)
4. In the Factory Settings screen, under Reset individual settings/data, press Vehicle
5. Press Reset tab in the window that says Reset "Vehicle" settings-are you sure?

Don

Shopvac

Just received my OBD Eleven Pro, and was really excited to tryout a few things. Tried out the Urban Joke and then hit a snag..... not sure if it's because I have a base GTI but I can't seem to find really any of the settings in the obdeleven app for the window/keyfob modification. Window App says unsupported, so I tried the manual way. I was following the step by step instructions from Deutsche auto and couldn't get past step 4, finding the “Channel” drop down to select “(2)-Access control 2-Comfort opening“.

Link.
https://shopdap.com/mk7-gti-remote-windows-how-to-code-vagcom/

Am I missing something here? Thanks!

Last edited:

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Just received my OBD Eleven Pro, and was really excited to tryout a few things. Tried out the Urban Joke and then hit a snag..... not sure if it's because I have a base GTI but I can't seem to find really any of the settings in the obdeleven app for the window/keyfob modification. Window App says unsupported, so I tried the manual way. I was follow the step by step instructions from Deutsche auto and couldn't get past step 4, finding the “Channel” drop down to select “(2)-Access control 2-Comfort opening“.

Link.
https://shopdap.com/mk7-gti-remote-windows-how-to-code-vagcom/

Am I missing something here? Thanks!

You have a newer generation MK7 GTI - VW redid the database.

Instead of Access Control 2, check under ZV Komfort. This is where I found the settings.

Shopvac

You have a newer generation MK7 GTI - VW redid the database.

Instead of Access Control 2, check under ZV Komfort. This is where I found the settings.

Hey, thanks so much man totally works appreciate the help!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
xmonkey: if you have OBD11, then after "Adaptation" in your instructions - search for Außenlicht_Blinker , then select Komfortblinken Blinkzyklen and select value 1-5

Remember that after the tweak instructions are finished, you may need to complete an in-car process as follows:
1. Press the Car button on the RHS of the discover/composition media head.
2. Press Set-up on the bottom RHS of the screen
3. In the Vehicle Setting screen, press the Factory Settings panel (it's at the very end of the list at the bottom of the screen)
4. In the Factory Settings screen, under Reset individual settings/data, press Vehicle
5. Press Reset tab in the window that says Reset "Vehicle" settings-are you sure?

Don
Thanks Don, it worked! I didn't know about the reset procedure, appreciate that tip!

gtigod

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone,
I have a 2015 GTI S. I have the OBDeleven pro app and dongle.

I'd like the odometer to display on the dashboard screen. I get a trip meter. How do I select the odometer? It appears momentarily when I start the car, but then immediately changes to the trip meter. Is this a OBD11 change or am just not finding the button to push in the car that selects it?

Is there a database of all the many programming codes for these cars somewhere? It would be nice to be able to just read through them all and then pick and choose what I would like to do.

I tried the battery voltage "program" in the app, but it didn't work. How do I set it manually?

The OBDeleven app pretty much sucks...what with having to get credits all the time. There is no way that after buying the app and dongle that I am then going to pay them more money to get credits. I'll stick to the free credits, if I need them. This sounds like a great opportunity to hack the app to get instant infinite credits.

Frankly, if I can teach myself java, then learning how to program settings in my car will be a piece of cake! I just need a great big list of them and how to do it. Too bad there isn't a stackoverflow site for the OBDeleven or for all the codes in my car. Or maybe there is and I just don't know about it?

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Hi everyone,
The OBDeleven app pretty much sucks...what with having to get credits all the time. There is no way that after buying the app and dongle that I am then going to pay them more money to get credits. I'll stick to the free credits, if I need them. This sounds like a great opportunity to hack the app to get instant infinite credits.

Frankly, if I can teach myself java, then learning how to program settings in my car will be a piece of cake! I just need a great big list of them and how to do it. Too bad there isn't a stackoverflow site for the OBDeleven or for all the codes in my car. Or maybe there is and I just don't know about it?

This isn't a coding language...It's German and a registry set.

Also, attempting to "hack" an app/tool produced to reduce cost and allow you to make changes is short sighted. Paying for credits is how they earn some of their money, and are capable of giving you a product you can actually utilize. Support companies for what they produce and they will in turn support their consumers.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Hi everyone,

I'd like the odometer to display on the dashboard screen. I get a trip meter. How do I select the odometer? It appears momentarily when I start the car, but then immediately changes to the trip meter. Is this a OBD11 change or am just not finding the button to push in the car that selects it?

Is there a database of all the many programming codes for these cars somewhere? It would be nice to be able to just read through them all and then pick and choose what I would like to do.

I tried the battery voltage "program" in the app, but it didn't work. How do I set it manually?

To see your odometer have you tried to turning off the cruise control? I don't have GTI but both wife's Tiguan and my Golf share that odometer space with CC speed setting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dub_guy

Ready to race!

did you also do the process to see it? From what I recall, once coded, there is a specific process (at power-on?) to see it

The OBDeleven app pretty much sucks...what with having to get credits all the time.

Absolutely no need to get credits. You can do everything via long coding/adaptation that the apps do (and you don't need credits for that). In fact, the advantage of doing it the manual way is the history is actually detailed (versus app which don't tell you what they've done)

The only thing that I wish it would do, which VAG-COM has, is the ability to dump a full map of the database, so you can keep that as a backup

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi everyone,

I'd like the odometer to display on the dashboard screen

Do you mean something like this?

Or do you mean this:

Don

Last edited:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion

heydabop

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off the "shift indicator" arrow in the top right of the on screen display? It's a minor thing but comes on aggressively early in my opinion and I'd like it to not suggest I shift into a RPM that would lug my engine.

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Shift indicator can be turned off via menus, not sure exactly but it's easy to do, I happen to prefer leaving it enabled.

Spoke to a pal yesterday who works at a VW dealeship and the subject of the slight possibility of me potentially purchasing OBD Eleven equipment came up and altering & customising existing settings for my own interest. He strongly advised against it as it would invalidate the warranty. Wasn't a serious consideration for me but I'm pretty much out off now....