GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #18
Nitsrik1976
Senior Member
 
Drives: MK7 R
Location: Essex, UK
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by o_a_ravi View Post
Played around with the 5F Infotainement Controller Adaptations and was able to get it work.

Below is the steps to enable blocked settings menu items for Car (General Settings), Media, Phone and Radio

1. From VCDS, select Controller Module 5F-Information Electr.,

2. Enter Security Login code = 20103

3. Under Adaptions, Query for the channels listed below and set the value = NON_BLOCKED (Blocked means, settings not available in motion), for each of them.

IDE11502-ENG127601-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_0
IDE11502-ENG127612-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_11
IDE11502-ENG127613-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_12
IDE11502-ENG127603-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_2
IDE11502-ENG127604-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_3
IDE11502-ENG127608-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_7
IDE11502-ENG127522-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_1
IDE11502-ENG127531-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_10
IDE11502-ENG127532-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_11
IDE11502-ENG127533-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_12
IDE11502-ENG127534-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_13
IDE11502-ENG127536-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_15
IDE11502-ENG127524-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_3
IDE11502-ENG127525-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_4
IDE11502-ENG127526-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_5
IDE11502-ENG127529-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_8
IDE11502-ENG127530-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_9
IDE11502-ENG127545-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_0
IDE11502-ENG127549-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_4
IDE11502-ENG127550-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_5
IDE11502-ENG127551-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_6
IDE11502-ENG127552-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_7
IDE11502-ENG127508-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_3
IDE11502-ENG127509-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_4
IDE11502-ENG127510-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_5
IDE11502-ENG127511-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_6
IDE11502-ENG127512-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_7

Worked for, try and let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks,
Ravi.
Please tell me what unlocking all of those does. Which ones allow video in motion specifically please
Nitsrik1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #19
Vincenz
Senior Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI Sport dsg
Location: MD
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 231
I tried this via obd11 and it didn't work for me. Tried turning the system on and off, turned car on and off. No luck. I can live with it I guess. Technically it is safer.
Vincenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #20
Aonarch
Member
 
Drives: All Track
Location: Atlanta
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by o_a_ravi View Post
Played around with the 5F Infotainement Controller Adaptations and was able to get it work.

Below is the steps to enable blocked settings menu items for Car (General Settings), Media, Phone and Radio

1. From VCDS, select Controller Module 5F-Information Electr.,

2. Enter Security Login code = 20103

3. Under Adaptions, Query for the channels listed below and set the value = NON_BLOCKED (Blocked means, settings not available in motion), for each of them.

IDE11502-ENG127601-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_0
IDE11502-ENG127612-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_11
IDE11502-ENG127613-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_12
IDE11502-ENG127603-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_2
IDE11502-ENG127604-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_3
IDE11502-ENG127608-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_7
IDE11502-ENG127522-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_1
IDE11502-ENG127531-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_10
IDE11502-ENG127532-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_11
IDE11502-ENG127533-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_12
IDE11502-ENG127534-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_13
IDE11502-ENG127536-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_15
IDE11502-ENG127524-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_3
IDE11502-ENG127525-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_4
IDE11502-ENG127526-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_5
IDE11502-ENG127529-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_8
IDE11502-ENG127530-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_9
IDE11502-ENG127545-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_0
IDE11502-ENG127549-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_4
IDE11502-ENG127550-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_5
IDE11502-ENG127551-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_6
IDE11502-ENG127552-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_7
IDE11502-ENG127508-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_3
IDE11502-ENG127509-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_4
IDE11502-ENG127510-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_5
IDE11502-ENG127511-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_6
IDE11502-ENG127512-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_7

Worked for, try and let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks,
Ravi.
Thank you!
Aonarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #21
need2boat
Junior Member
 
Drives: Golf Alltrack
Location: South Jerssey
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1
I've got a 2017 Alltrack and most of the mods I've found on the site have worked for fine.

I'm trying to find a way to better access the media settings when I"m using bluetooth. I've made the above changes but I still can't get access this grayed out "remove Safely" and select device.

I can't seem to access my BT audio when I'm driving? which is strange.

[IMG]IMG_4836 by need2boat, on Flickr[/IMG]
need2boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:00 PM   #22
Apw36
Junior Member
 
Drives: 2017 GTI
Location: SC
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by need2boat View Post
I've got a 2017 Alltrack and most of the mods I've found on the site have worked for fine.

I'm trying to find a way to better access the media settings when I"m using bluetooth. I've made the above changes but I still can't get access this grayed out "remove Safely" and select device.

I can't seem to access my BT audio when I'm driving? which is strange.
Maybe someone else will correct me, or I am misunderstanding. If you want to play BT music, you should be able to access it in to the menu before the settings menu. There is a source option. As for this grayed out "Remove safely," I believe this is if you have a media SD card in the additional SD card slot. This is when you want to safely eject the media and stop the system from reading the SD card.
Apw36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:00 AM   #23
mr wrong
Junior Member
 
Drives: Golf Alltrack
Location: Franklin, TN
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by o_a_ravi View Post
Played around with the 5F Infotainement Controller Adaptations and was able to get it work.

Below is the steps to enable blocked settings menu items for Car (General Settings), Media, Phone and Radio

1. From VCDS, select Controller Module 5F-Information Electr.,

2. Enter Security Login code = 20103

3. Under Adaptions, Query for the channels listed below and set the value = NON_BLOCKED (Blocked means, settings not available in motion), for each of them.

IDE11502-ENG127601-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_0
IDE11502-ENG127612-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_11
IDE11502-ENG127613-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_12
IDE11502-ENG127603-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_2
IDE11502-ENG127604-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_3
IDE11502-ENG127608-Locked menu contents-FB_CAR_7
IDE11502-ENG127522-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_1
IDE11502-ENG127531-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_10
IDE11502-ENG127532-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_11
IDE11502-ENG127533-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_12
IDE11502-ENG127534-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_13
IDE11502-ENG127536-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_15
IDE11502-ENG127524-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_3
IDE11502-ENG127525-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_4
IDE11502-ENG127526-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_5
IDE11502-ENG127529-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_8
IDE11502-ENG127530-Locked menu contents-FB_MEDIA_9
IDE11502-ENG127545-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_0
IDE11502-ENG127549-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_4
IDE11502-ENG127550-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_5
IDE11502-ENG127551-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_6
IDE11502-ENG127552-Locked menu contents-FB_PHONE_7
IDE11502-ENG127508-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_3
IDE11502-ENG127509-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_4
IDE11502-ENG127510-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_5
IDE11502-ENG127511-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_6
IDE11502-ENG127512-Locked menu contents-FB_TUNER_7

Worked for, try and let me know if it worked for you.

Thanks,
Ravi.

Will this work to disable the touch limit when using Android Auto?
mr wrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:23 AM   #24
CDavis7M
Junior Member
 
Drives: None
Location: San Diego, CA
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr wrong View Post
Will this work to disable the touch limit when using Android Auto?
I unblocked everything I could and I still get some locks in Android Auto. Like when browsing Spotify, but only when I am 4 menus deep into browsing stations. And even then I can still get it to sometimes if I'm quick.
CDavis7M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #25
NCR-R
Member
 
Drives: 2017 Golf R
Location: Ottawa, ON Canada
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fed View Post
Mine works while moving.
So does mine and I never made any changes... guess I got lucky for once!
NCR-R is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.