GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTT: MAPerfomance Resonators: Bottle for UQ

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
I have a resonated downpipe from them and I got the bottle style Resonator.

I am looking to trade for an ultra quiet resonated section.

I’m really picky about sound so that’s what I’m doing it.

This has about 1000 miles on it.

Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Is the bottle equivalent to the 17950? What do you expect will change by swapping in an UQ?

jcarl126

Ready to race!
To quiet it down? I don’t really want to cut up the cat back.

I was running a resonator between my catted CTS Dp and my Magnaflow system. Was too loud for me, still. Had a Magnaflow 12649 bullet muffler installed in place of the resonator. Demi9od has heard the car, i think he can attest to the sound. REALLY enjoy it, now, but they also have 5" diameter bullet mufflers, too in case you dont want it quite as close to stock sounding as i did

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I was running a resonator between my catted CTS Dp and my Magnaflow system. Was too loud for me, still. Had a Magnaflow 12649 bullet muffler installed in place of the resonator. Demi9od has heard the car, i think he can attest to the sound. REALLY enjoy it, now, but they also have 5" diameter bullet mufflers, too in case you dont want it quite as close to stock sounding as i did

Yeah man it sounded DEEP, nice and throaty, ***insert additional BJ phrasing here***

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
How do you plan to replace something that is meant to be attached with a vband (MAP resonator) and is known to fit without modification to something that is just a bottle with 2 equal diameter pipes on it (Vibrant UQ resonator). Gonna have to hack something up....

Vibrant sells that section with both resonator options. That’s why I’m asking.

I can buy that single section for $250 with UQ but I feel that’s pretty steep.

In short I had a hacked USP dp with an UQ and it was perfect for what I wanted but messy and rattled.

jcarl126

Ready to race!
Yeah man it sounded DEEP, nice and throaty, ***insert additional BJ phrasing here***

:eek: :eek: just lost it on that one hahahah

edit: ooo i removed the 3.5" to 2.5" factory connection taper when i put mine in as well, so its 3.5" to 3" with no even smaller taper hidden inside.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
:eek: :eek: just lost it on that one hahahah

edit: ooo i removed the 3.5" to 2.5" factory connection taper when i put mine in as well, so its 3.5" to 3" with no even smaller taper hidden inside.

I think I might have to get one of these to replace my factory res.

This looks like the one I'd want for my 2.5" piping. It's 24" vs the factory 22" triangle. 2.5" ID so maybe the reducer on my DP will slip fit into one side? Not sure exactly how it would install.

http://a.co/dptXOI7

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Is the bottle equivalent to the 17950? What do you expect will change by swapping in an UQ?

Nope, incorrect. I literally just got out from under AtlantaDad’s car and MAPs bottle resonator isn’t the equivalent to Vibrant 17950.

You guys who are local to me I’d be glad to give examples in person, I’m building a TBE Sunday so I’ll be out in the garage

Here’s 17950 with catted dp

Last edited: