GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 Engine and Transmission Mounts

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Returned the CTS Mounts, going with Revo engine mount and BFI Stage 2 transmission mount insert, because I like to be different. If anyone has a source on a Revo v1 puck hit me up. Want rubber, not poly.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I've never heard anything good about 034 or any other aluminum inserts. Everyone always posts about them bending and cracking and becoming ineffective due to that.

Anyway good luck

You're talking about the dogbone insert, not the engine/trans mounts. Specifically, 034's early revision was prone to cracking and bending (mine cracked). I'm not sure how they fare today, but I don't recommend those types of inserts for stage 2 and beyond... I'd recommend a full pendulum mount like HPA's.

I slapped on the 034 engine/trans mounts in Jan or Feb and they've been fantastic! I noticed literally zero added NVH on top of what was already there from the HPA dogbone (which is little). They clean up the slop nicely, very pleased with them as well with my HPA dogbone, like someone else posted. Wheelhop 95% eliminated for me on lowering springs, when I added coils my wheelhop was gone completely.

They've been through several track days and autocrosses this year as well, they're holding up just fine. Again, very happy with them. We'll see how they hold up to BOSS600 power in the coming weeks.

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
You're talking about the dogbone insert, not the engine/trans mounts. Specifically, 034's early revision was prone to cracking and bending (mine cracked). I'm not sure how they fare today, but I don't recommend those types of inserts for stage 2 and beyond... I'd recommend a full pendulum mount like HPA's.

I slapped on the 034 engine/trans mounts in Jan or Feb and they've been fantastic! I noticed literally zero added NVH on top of what was already there from the HPA dogbone (which is little). They clean up the slop nicely, very pleased with them as well with my HPA dogbone, like someone else posted. Wheelhop 95% eliminated for me on lowering springs, when I added coils my wheelhop was gone completely.

They've been through several track days and autocrosses this year as well, they're holding up just fine. Again, very happy with them. We'll see how they hold up to BOSS600 power in the coming weeks.

Awesome! You said Wheel hop is better. But how about overall traction after the mounts?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Awesome! You said Wheel hop is better. But how about overall traction after the mounts?

Well less wheel hop = more traction! I don’t know what else to say, I don’t launch my car much, all I can say is that when the tires spin, they stay on the ground now, which is nice lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
From a launch you have to modulate throttle like always but from a 40-roll, for example, I get little to no spin without having to let off the gas!

ashiun

Ready to race!
From a launch you have to modulate throttle like always but from a 40-roll, for example, I get little to no spin without having to let off the gas!

Even in 2nd gear?

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I just ordered the Transmission and Engine mount from 034.

Current setup is Stock tranny mount with torque solutions and HPA dogbone. HPA dogbone is staying but the torque solutions did introduce noticeable vibrations and will see if 034 will reduce that.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Yes, in 2nd gear. I have 245 width tires on 8.5" wide wheels, running the Firehawk Indy 500's, so that helps.