GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0T EA888 Gen 3 Crate Engine Program

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
It states that the block is overbored to use larger pistons but wouldn't this cut through the Plasma coating which this engine uses.

Is the coating reapplied or deemed not necessary?
Plasma coating on a cylinder wall? I'm curious, but this doesn't sound accurate. Do you have a link to a VW press release or repair manual that identifies this plasma coating?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

USA

Ready to race!
Arin, how many shop hours is this job to pull long block and install long block. Just got my 2017 R DSG yesterday installed APR Stage 1 today and am thinking of doing this long block and APR turbo upgrade. By doing this I would hope to save some shop time. And what I have not seen here is what HP/TQ will this long block support?

tortoise

Ready to race!
I don't have anything at the moment, but if you give your dealer a call, It's possible they'll work something out with you on the whole install.

Have you guys dumper the crate engine program? Looks like it’s been wiped off your website. What happened?

tortoise

Ready to race!
I've heard of a couple of their crate engines blowing up. You can still find the webpage with pricing on their site tho.

Can you? I kept running into dead links.

What were the circumstances surrounding the blown-up engines?