GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
If he does that's a terrible idea. Cops show up for any reason and guess who's off to jail and never owning guns again...whoever shooting while drinking.

Sounds fun but not worth the risk. Private property or not accidents and noise complaints happen and it would be a shitty situation all for not choosing to drink after the guns are put away for the night
Do I drink inebriated? No. Are there sometimes open containers in a relaxed environment in the surrounding 50 yard radius, yea sometimes. It's rare, but sometimes. Like I said, wouldn't be the only risk I take. If that makes me stupid, I guess that's a matter of one's opinion. Firearm safety is above all thee #1 goal NO MATTER WHAT the environment is. If law enforcement decides to stop by(never have they ever anywhere) well then I guess that's the same luck I push when I tip my arse out the side of an airplane. I know which situation I'd rather have the more luck in.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Did some digging into it since the topic arose. I contacted a lawyer I know, he primarily does accident and moving violation cases, but he is sharp. I asked him this exactly. "

'If I have an open alcohol container, either mine or someone else' present, in the proximity of a firearm on private property, am I breaking any laws?"

He said no, but if the officer chose to all present could be subjected to a field sobriety test. If intoxicated individuals are present and they are the registered owners of the firearms, the firearms could be confiscated, and that person(s) could be arrested.

Not exactly the same scenario, but a few years back a friend of mine and some of his buddies were shooting at a farm. I never liked to shoot at this particular place due to the lack of earthen backstops, and rough terrain. A round ended up travelling some ways away and struck a Sheriff deputy's house. Damaged a window and some trim. The deputy was home unfortunately for my friend.

Anyways, within the 20 minutes of this happening 4 Sheriffs pull in and take every single firearm on the scene. Shotguns included. After they did forensics and confirmed it was my friends M44 Mosin that fired the offending bullet, everyone else got their guns back but him. He was never charged with anything or had to pay for anything, but he never saw that Mosin again. A case where improper firearm safety catches up to you. I still bust his balls.

armedferret

Ready to race!
He was never charged with anything or had to pay for anything, but he never saw that Mosin again.

That sounds an awful lot like theft to me.

If it was impounded for evidence, and no charges were filed, the property must be returned by law.

He needs to contact an attorney to get his property back.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
That sounds an awful lot like theft to me.

If it was impounded for evidence, and no charges were filed, the property must be returned by law.

He needs to contact an attorney to get his property back.
I wondered that myself. I asked him about it the same day I posted this since it crossed my mind. He never got ANY paperwork, notice, nothing. No trail, and it's been like 4 years.

I will put a bug in his ear, you're right, I did sound like theft. I bet the sheriff has an M44 in his gun cabinet now...it was a clean one too.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I finally ditched the Sig and picked up my new G43 CCT

Time to order some gun parts!

I held the gen 4 Glock 19 the other day since I'm in the market for something that size. Felt really good, but I don't like the sights compared to a 3 dot system.

Guns I held that day:
- Glock 19
- Springfield XD mod.2
- S&W M&P Compact
- Taurus PT111 G2

Guns I still need to handle:
- Walther PPQ
- H&K VP9SK

Rumor is the gen 5 Glocks are supposed to start shipping soon (maybe already available to police, etc?)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I held the gen 4 Glock 19 the other day since I'm in the market for something that size. Felt really good, but I don't like the sights compared to a 3 dot system.

Guns I held that day:
- Glock 19
- Springfield XD mod.2
- S&W M&P Compact
- Taurus PT111 G2

Guns I still need to handle:
- Walther PPQ
- H&K VP9SK

Rumor is the gen 5 Glocks are supposed to start shipping soon (maybe already available to police, etc?)

I played with a Gen 5 Glock 19 today, they came out for public sale the 26th.

It felt good, very similar to my Gen 4 aside from lack of finger grooves, I don't think it would bother me. For $550 that leaves plenty of room to upgrade the sights and have arguably the most reliable CCW available. Plus mags and mod parts are dirt cheap. ETS mags $16 a piece, GS triple diamond 3.5# trigger $25.

If you can I'd shoot every possible option before you buy one but most people will recommend G19 regardless of brand loyalty, looks, etc

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I played with a Gen 5 Glock 19 today, they came out for public sale the 26th.

It felt good, very similar to my Gen 4 aside from lack of finger grooves, I don't think it would bother me. For $550 that leaves plenty of room to upgrade the sights and have arguably the most reliable CCW available. Plus mags and mod parts are dirt cheap. ETS mags $16 a piece, GS triple diamond 3.5# trigger $25.

If you can I'd shoot every possible option before you buy one but most people will recommend G19 regardless of brand loyalty, looks, etc
Local shop has rentals available, but they're $20/gun plus you have to shoot their ammo, so I'm trying to get it down to at least 2 or 3 options before I commit to that. Ergo wise, everything I held felt good, but I'm small so compacts fit me like full-size fit normal handed people haha.

Cheap mods is a big plus to me, so Glock has it there. All of my shooting right now is competitive, so I like getting my equipment to my liking. Having options is a nice, well, option haha.

I still need to find a PPQ to handle, but with the $100 rebate right now, they're hard to find.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Got a gen 3 G19 as well. Mine's a bit of a rarity as it's got the factory rough textured frame. By far it's my favorite pistol.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk