GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Went back to the local gun shop this past weekend and made a decision after more handling and some firing. Narrowed it down to the Glock 19, Sig P320C, and Walther PPQ. After some testing, decided to go with the PPQ M1. The trigger and ergonomics felt the best to me of the three from the factory. This gun is probably going to stay stock since I have others that can satisfy my mod bug when necessary and I'd like to try some IDPA with it (not sure on the mod rules for different classes). The $100 mail-in rebate just solidified the decision.

Decided to go with the M1 variant because my stubby thumb couldn't reach the mag release button on the M2, whereas I could easily hit the paddle with my trigger finger on the M1. This was true on every gun I held, I don't think I've ever been able to reach a mag release button.

With the rebate and high demand, I did have to special order. It should arrive later this week or early next.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Went back to the local gun shop this past weekend and made a decision after more handling and some firing. Narrowed it down to the Glock 19, Sig P320C, and Walther PPQ. After some testing, decided to go with the PPQ M1. The trigger and ergonomics felt the best to me of the three from the factory. This gun is probably going to stay stock since I have others that can satisfy my mod bug when necessary and I'd like to try some IDPA with it (not sure on the mod rules for different classes). The $100 mail-in rebate just solidified the decision.

Decided to go with the M1 variant because my stubby thumb couldn't reach the mag release button on the M2, whereas I could easily hit the paddle with my trigger finger on the M1. This was true on every gun I held, I don't think I've ever been able to reach a mag release button.

With the rebate and high demand, I did have to special order. It should arrive later this week or early next.

PPQ!!!!!!! I have been dying to get my hands on the PPQ M2 .45 ACP. What a beaut, and Walther's first handgun chambered in ACP.

All of those are bullet proof choices.

armedferret

Ready to race!
winchester white box is fine for practice ammo, probably the cheapest you'll get unless you find bulk surplus and want to buy a few k at a time.

HD, anything with a solid hollow point design. Golden Saber (Remington), Speer Lawman and Gold Dot, Federal makes a few too.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
winchester white box is fine for practice ammo, probably the cheapest you'll get unless you find bulk surplus and want to buy a few k at a time.

HD, anything with a solid hollow point design. Golden Saber (Remington), Speer Lawman and Gold Dot, Federal makes a few too.

Thanks!

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Nice view. I posted a similar one back on post #69 of this thread.

Anyone recommend some 9mm ammo? I've never had to buy this caliber before. Probably need some bulk/cheap for the range and then some good home defense.
For plinking I have been exploring re-manufactured ammo, super cheap and I have had zero issues. Midwest Ammunition was the brand.

Other then that, I usually shoot Federal RTP. Box of 50 9mm will run you $9.99 usually.

For defense, oh man, so many good choices. I have Speer Gold Dot quick fragmenting rounds to prevent over penetration. It's used by air marshals on aircraft typically. Expensive, but being for defense hopefully you never need to shoot it. I shot a couple boxes just to make sure it feeds well in my home defense gun.

Also, NICE RUGER!

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I accidentally bought the wrong ammo for my Spanish Mauser. Haste makes waste! I needed 7mm Mauser. I grabbed 7x57mm. It's rimmed.... :(

I have 60 rounds, will sell for cheap. Sellior & Bellot 173gr. SPCE.

Not a common chambering, but I figured hey worth a shot here.