GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Tune

SeanGunn007

OK, go easy on me....

I leased a 2016 GTI back in August of 16. I'd never had a VW before and only got one because my partner was working for VW and I was eligible for the employee lease. I'd never had a small, fun car and wanted to try it out since leasing it for one year was an option at the time.

Needless to say, I was as hooked at day 1. I absolutely fell in love with car like no other. I'm 38 and this is my favorite car I've had. I've worked for OEMs in the past and now work for a auto supplier so I've had a chance to drive a lot of different cars.

Long long story short, my partner left the company and I immediately bought it off the lease. After that, I had the APR Stage 1 performed on the car. It was just enough to make it that much more fun.

Unfortunately, I was t-boned at an intersection in early December, totaling my car. I suffered a broken collar bone, but that car held up well because the guy ran a red light and hit me hard. He pushed me about 40 feet. I was lucky.

So now I have a new MY17 GTI DSG (purchased it this time). I know that tuning has been discussed to exhaustion in certain sections of the forum, but I can't find the info I'm looking for. I'm looking to go the APR route again, just stage 1 for now. I don't drive much so 93 octane fuel isn't a big issue for me.

Question...Is there any info on here (or somewhere else) that compares the tuning companies and the quality of their product? I'm leaning towards APR again because I had a good experience and they now have the extra powertrain warranty.

Again, I know this is a huge topic of discussion on here, but I'm new to the group and am having trouble finding the info. Again, this is for a DSG (I know, I know... Most of my driving is downtown and I'm lazy [emoji41])

And just in case you're wondering, you're driving a very safe car. Below are some pics from my accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
If I had to do it again - i’d go Unitronic (again) OR APR (offers a more aggressive tune)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
Nothing good happens in downtown Dallas after 2am.

SeanGunn007

Thanks for the info. I liked the guys who owned the shop and liked the effect for stage 1. APR it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk