GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cleaning my gti exhaust tip

DW58

Go Kart Champion
You'll find keeping the chrome tips clean a lot easier if you seal them fists - I use GTechniq C5, but any good wheel/trim sealant ought to do the job.

DW58

Go Kart Champion

paddypool

Ready to race!
a tip I picked up lately which has been fantastic for cleaning chrome & other like finishes, is to tear off a square of tinfoil & fold over into about a 3" square, keep dipping in water & start rubbing !...has worked wonders for me on chrome rust spots & grime on motorbike mudguards etc. bicycle handlebars etc. & all without scratching;)

dickt

Ready to race!
Cars are meant to be dirty.

Even thinking about cleaning my Mk 7 makes me want to either drive it through a puddle, or sit down and have a drink.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Cars are meant to be dirty.

Even thinking about cleaning my Mk 7 makes me want to either drive it through a puddle, or sit down and have a drink.

Each to their own - I enjoy keeping mine clean within my limitations of my disabilities.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Eagle One Nevr-Dull Wadding Polish.
Amazing stuff.

I also hit my exhaust tips with 00 Steel Wool, because the undersides of them have scrapes that make it difficult to clean out the carbon.

By the way, it's the direct injection that blackens those tips.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Actually ... ... ... not because it's my favourite but because it's damned good.

To be totally honest, I've hardly used anything but GTechniq since I took up detailing when I bought my Golf Mk6 - I read loads of reviews on Detailing World and elsewhere, and decided what to buy/use - my results confirmed what I had read about, I see no reason to change.

Put it this way, quite a lot of members here have tried GTechniq - I haven't heard any complaints/problems.

Nobody has to buy/try GTechniq and nothing is stopping you plugging other products. The only reason I plug GTechniq products is because I believe my fellow members will like them, and they're easy to use.

Mer2112

Passed Driver's Ed
Quick clean with your favorite All Purpose Cleaner.

Polish with Nevr-Dull.

Protect with Duragloss 105. (this stuff lasts forever)

Yea, this is an old thread but why start a new one when there is a lot of good info already out there.

lokerola

Ready to race!
Mothers metal polish and aluminum foil. 5 mins and they'll be perfect again.