GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cleaning my gti exhaust tip

Rt88

Title is meant as it sounds and not a plee for advice on cleaning ones self post bodily movement. Is there a specific product to use as IMO it makes a big difference to the look of the car from behind.

testcard

Ready to race!
Autosol Metal Polish seems to be a popular choice. Worth posting in the Detailing section of the forum.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Title is meant as it sounds and not a plee for advice on cleaning ones self post bodily movement. Is there a specific product to use as IMO it makes a big difference to the look of the car from behind.

Just use metal polish and if you do it often enough, it takes a couple of minutes, realistically there is no night and day difference between the products, but yes if it makes you feel better, then get some britemax twins, however I will challenge you to car plan metal polish or even the astonish kitchen and cookware cleaner

However fact of the matter is, the longer you leave it, the more difficult it will be to restore to it's original glory.

Rt88

Cheers, I'll go to halfords tomorrow, maybe a stupid question but do you just apply these solutions with a rag/cloth?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Cheers, I'll go to halfords tomorrow, maybe a stupid question but do you just apply these solutions with a rag/cloth?

Instead of going to Halfords, the supermarkets often have car products at bargain prices, I have used the car plan one and the autoglym (I love AG stuff) there was no difference between the two, meguiars metal polysh is good pricey and not as effective as the two mentioned above. Use polishing cloth which again can be picked up cheaply for a large roll that will last years, the cloths I have are a good 8 years old.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
That looks so much better

And took all of about 2 mins :cool: , I kept my MK5 pipes clean and it dissapoints me how many let the pipes go, as when they are clean and shiny they really do enhance the rear of the car.

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
And took all of about 2 mins :cool: , I kept my MK5 pipes clean and it dissapoints me how many let the pipes go, as when they are clean and shiny they really do enhance the rear of the car.

Bah! more cleaning I now feel obliged to do! Thanks a bunch Avanti!

;)

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Bah! more cleaning I now feel obliged to do! Thanks a bunch Avanti!

;)

heh heh honestly, people can spend hours cleaning their cars and making it feel a right chore, or it can literally take minutes to restore back to showroom glory, to wash and vac my car , the time taken to put out the power washer and put it away is longer than the process itself, dressing trim and tyres or polishing exhaust pipes , can all be done whilst waiting for a wax coating to cure :cool:

Black&White

Passed Driver's Ed
Im painting mine gloss black to match roof, mirrors, plastics, wheels, badges.

Mission - No silver / chrome.

My cars white.... imo silver and white don't go! :) .... Hence the name!

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I agree that they make a lot of difference when clean. But i always forget to clean them :(

Well then! I guess i will buy myself a cat-back exhaust :D